PIMP website, version 2

Started by Marc, November 14, 2006, 06:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

I'm sure some of you would have noticed by now... we quietly updated the PIMP site today.

http://www.icetv.com.au/pimp/

The new web interface is MUCH better than the old PIMP. Almost every aspect of the site has been improved. I'd write a list here, but it'd be too long. This isn't the end either... we have big plans for the PIMP interface. We'll be making some small tweaks over the coming weeks and even bigger changes after that.

We'd love to hear what you think of it!

Cheers,
Marc.

peteru

Glad to see the frames go, but you completely lost the favourites functionality.

It also looks like the existing user settings have not been preserved.

And several browsers I tried have issues with the new hidden div method of doing the EPG entries.

Marc

Favourites will be back and better than ever soon.

Which browsers had issues? We've tested IE6, IE7 and Firefox on Windows as well as Safari, Firefox and a couple of other Mac OS X browsers.

peteru

Good to hear that favourites are coming back.

Mozilla Firefox, Bon Echo and Sea Monkey all exhibit redraw problems when scrolling. It's very obvious on Linux, but I am also seeing the problem with Mozilla Firefox 2.0 under WinXP. The sheer number of hidden elements appears to cause performance and layout issues when scrolling the page.

Also, as a usability suggestion, I'd like the ability to expand multiple/all EPG entries, so that I can read/compare descriptions.

mcarter

Quote from: marc@iSlayer on November 14, 2006, 06:55:50 PM
I'm sure some of you would have noticed by now... we quietly updated the PIMP site today.

The new web interface is MUCH better than the old PIMP. Almost every aspect of the site has been improved. I'd write a list here, but it'd be too long. This isn't the end either... we have big plans for the PIMP interface. We'll be making some small tweaks over the coming weeks and even bigger changes after that.

Cheers,
Marc.

Just some feedback. Sorry to be contrary, but I must admit I really dislike the "improved" interface. Previously you could just log on and scroll to see the whole day. Now you have to select "The rest of the day" in a fiddly drop-down menu. Similarly, instead of just clicking on a letter to view another day, you again have to fiddle with another drop-down menu.  Without any horizontal bars to identify time slots, it seems more difficult to actually find what you want.  It might not bother me so much if I hadn't used the original interface, which was clean and streamlined. Perhaps others will like the new version better.

Fortunately, I still seem to be able to access the old interface with a saved address, meaning I still have access to favourites - the most useful feature of PIMP for me. One suggestion - when you do introduce favourites in the new interface, it would be good if episodes scheduled for recording could be flagged.

slaya

Quote from: marc@iSlayer on November 14, 2006, 06:55:50 PM

Cheers,
Marc.

Love the new re-design.  Much easier to use.
Looking forward to when we can set a whole "series" to record rather than just an individual progam.

keep up the good work.
Thanks,
S.

PS.  Any resolution to the problems that PIMP has when you make a "manual" recording (ie. a time/date recording rather than selecting a program in the guide)??  It doesn't like updating the PIMP server when you have a manual recording set.

Marc

Quote from: slaya on November 20, 2006, 04:06:11 PMPS.  Any resolution to the problems that PIMP has when you make a "manual" recording (ie. a time/date recording rather than selecting a program in the guide)??  It doesn't like updating the PIMP server when you have a manual recording set.
For which platform? MCE or EyeTV?

Marc

We're almost done adding series recording to PIMP.

Here's a preview:

Simply click "Record Series" and PIMP will let your media center know when the next episode(s) are on. This will even work if the season finishes, then the a new season starts 6 months later. There's also a "Series" tab, where you can manage and view upcoming episodes for everything set. This is in addition to the series features in MCE (and adds series features to EyeTV).

Marc

Release date for series is next week some time.

slaya

Quote from: marc@iSlayer on November 23, 2006, 01:15:48 PM
Quote from: slaya on November 20, 2006, 04:06:11 PMPS.  Any resolution to the problems that PIMP has when you make a "manual" recording (ie. a time/date recording rather than selecting a program in the guide)??  It doesn't like updating the PIMP server when you have a manual recording set.
For which platform? MCE or EyeTV?

Hi,

Sorry about the late reply...
For MCE.

Thanks.