IS ANYBODY FROM ICEV READING THIS? Missing epg data

Started by simoncasey, November 09, 2015, 08:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

I'm getting occasional large gaps in my epg. Last week I had a big gap on GEM (a few hours on a particular day) and over the weekend I had a gap on 72 or 73.

I'm now seeing a big gap on Tuesday 10th from 2pm until 11pm on ABC.
I'm using a Beyonwiz T3 and I'm in Melbourne.

The icetv app shows data for those times.

IanL-S

I am in Melbourne and I have not had this issue with any of my Toppys. I beleive the T3 uses a different API which could explain the difference.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

simoncasey

Thanks for the info. I've also posted on the beyonwiz forum to see if others have the same issue. I think the T3 data is also on a different server so it may have not been updated fully.

Twain

Quote from: simoncasey on November 09, 2015, 08:18:54 AM
I'm getting occasional large gaps in my epg. Last week I had a big gap on GEM (a few hours on a particular day) and over the weekend I had a gap on 72 or 73.

I'm now seeing a big gap on Tuesday 10th from 2pm until 11pm on ABC.
I'm using a Beyonwiz T3 and I'm in Melbourne.

The icetv app shows data for those times.

Hi Simon & IceTV staff,

Yes, I am experiencing exactly the same gap for ABC in the EPG for Tuesday 10th.

I'm located in Melbourne and using two Beyonwiz T2's (the problem is the same on both)

Regards

simoncasey

Thanks for the post Twain. Appears to be just Melbourne beyonwiz users as other Tx users in different areas seem to be OK as per the beyonwiz forum.

Mantorok

I'm getting the same gap on ABC on my T4. I'm also in Melbourne

Vortical

My 2460 EPG was completely blank tonight and none of today's recordings had any info in them.

I tried resetting EPG data and verifying my login details but nothing came through.

I couldn't reboot as something was recording.

Website states my last EPG fetch as
16 November, 2015 at 10:43pm with Topfield TRF-2400

So it seems fetch was working but no guide data was coming through.

IanL-S

I periodically get a completely blank EPG with my Toppys. I suspect it is a Toppy firmware issue.

If I recall correctly, the Toppy contacts the IceTV server every 15 minutes. The Toppy alternates between doing an EPG download and a Timer download. If you have just done a Reset of the Service List it should do both once you sign into your account and select the device. It apparently first downloads the EPG data and then downloads the timers. Sometimes it has to be pursuaded to download the timers, but usually the EPG downloads without issue.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

Vortical

I'm not so sure about it being a fw issue Ian, the pvr would have turned off and on again multiple times since around 4:30pm and none of the recordings had any EPG info in them, just the name of the timer.

The day before was fine.

The reset I did was the reset EPG data option on the pvr under icetv settings and then verified my login details to try to force the EPG data through without rebooting the pvr.  Services and timers remain intact.

Will see what happens today.

IanL-S

Quote from: Vortical on November 17, 2015, 10:02:42 AM
I'm not so sure about it being a fw issue Ian, the pvr would have turned off and on again multiple times since around 4:30pm and none of the recordings had any EPG info in them, just the name of the timer.

I assume it is a firmware issue because it only affects one Toppy at a time, the other three usually work perfectly. One thing that triggers this happening is the Toppy having an unscheduled/unexpected shut-down. At one time problems could also arise when multiple devices on the same account try to contact the server at the same time (particularly if they are the same type of device). This would have been several years ago and this may well have been remedied at the sever level.

Ian
Synology NAS