7100HDPvrt freezing also icetv epg errors

Started by sam3667, November 08, 2015, 06:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam3667

Freezing occurring, did full reset, when trying to download icetv epg get a message
ICETV Server is busy channel map data cannot be received ...

Just resubscribed ....

Anyone seen this before?

Sam

Mac37

YES
It has happened to me too.
Since the subscription thingy on wednesday midnight.
I find that after the freeze, the only button to work is the power off button.
Then turn on and wait for HDD check - after 30 or 40 seconds - freeze.
If, in that small window of time i get into the menu and switch EPG from ICETV to FTA, then turn off PVR.
When I turn it back on - no problems at all - except no ICETV,
I can watch TV and watch recordings which are on the HDD (or even an external HDD).
Only other comment is that when I turn it off after a freeze it only stays in "wait" for a short time.
After running normally  and then turning it off, it stays in wait the normal (longish) time.

Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

Mac37

I should also add that I also have a HUMAX and a Beyonwiz T2 both working OK with ICETV EPG.

Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

Kaff

I had this a few years ago and it is happening again today.  I have logged a support request.

You should find the toppy is ok if you switch the guide to air ( instead of icetv ).

Last time there was something corrupt in the icetv guide data.  Once fixed the toppy worked fine again.

kidhazy

This is probably explaining the freezes I'm also getting on my 7100HDPVRt.  (runs for about 5 mins and then the video freezes whilst the audio continues)

Started on Friday (6th Nov) - not sure if it is a coincidence that my subscription expired on the 5th ?

At first I thought it was a bad hard-drive, but swapping HDD didn't fix anything.

Pulling the ethernet cable brought stability (which I assume is because it's not pulling ICETV data)

I'll look to log a call to ICETV as well.

Thanks,
kidhazy.

kidhazy

I've logged a call with ICETV.

I also checked my ICETV account settings and reset all the LCN mappings (but that didn't solve the problem)

Found this old forum entry where ICETV indicated some weird characters in a description had caused problems with some Topfields.
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/topfield-tf7100hdpvrt/28/7100-starts-to-behave-after-disconnecting-wireless-link-to-icttv/2793/msg13830#msg13830

Hopefully it can be fixed soon seeing I've just renewed my shiny new membership and haven't been able to get it to work yet !
Thanks,
kidhazy.

IanL-S

I am having similar problems with 7100HDPVRt.

I am using a trial subscription for that unit and the problem only started when the new payment gateway started. I can download EPG data but cannot get device listing to download. Pressing the green button invariably causes the Toppy to reboot.

I thought it may be fralutly Molex to SATA power cable (can cause similar issues) but still happens when cable replaced. I am useing wireless network connection which may be a contributing factor.

I am also having problems downloading timer for 2400.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

coolbaci

Got the same problem. Was sick of the Air EPG taking ages to load to finally resubscribed to ice and now this.

If it started on Friday and if it doesn't re occur, it'll take at least until around late Tuesday/Wednesday to clear unless they get on to it.

Dazza-2460-7100

Yep same issue with 7100, also just resubscribed so hope they sort this out ASAP, seems now paying for something that doesn't work,wonder if we will get a credit for the down time with these units, mmmm ???  >:( >:(

kidhazy

Log a support request http://support.icetv.com.au/requests/new

I haven't heard back from mine yet that I logged late Sunday night (so they've only really had the request for 1 day)
Thanks,
kidhazy.

IanL-S

Quote from: kidhazy on November 10, 2015, 07:10:16 AM
Log a support request http://support.icetv.com.au/requests/new

I haven't heard back from mine yet that I logged late Sunday night (so they've only really had the request for 1 day)

Yes, I just did so. Included link to this forum thread.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Horse

Same Issue here, toppy locks up when on icetv, FTA works fine - I have logged a ticket on Sunday with support but no response- sigh hope they fix this

tonymy01

I remember the last time this happened, you just needed to wait the week out until the dodgy char the 7K didn't like disappears out the guide.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

kidhazy

Quote from: tonymy01 on November 10, 2015, 12:14:13 PM
I remember the last time this happened, you just needed to wait the week out until the dodgy char the 7K didn't like disappears out the guide.

Well that's my $1.90 (1 week out of a month) down the drain  :P
Thanks,
kidhazy.

Dave at IceTV

I no longer have a working 7100 to test with.

If anyone is at home and has 20 minutes spare can you please do the following:

1. First note which channels you have enabled in your account, in the right-hand column, and which channel numbers (LCNs) they are set to.
    - https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi

2. Disable half of the channels in your account.

3. Test the 7100 to see if it still has a problem.

4. If it still has a problem, disable the remaining channels and enable the channels that were disabled in step 2 and test the 7100 again.

5. Once the 7100 is behaving normally with a limited set of channels enabled, enable one or a few of the disabled channels and test again.

6. Repeat step 5 until you know which channel is causing the problem.

7. Report back here with the offending channel name, and your region, and we'll be able to fix the 7100 guide feed and prevent it happening again.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service