Support, what support

Started by Shadow, November 08, 2015, 01:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

After several attempts to speak to support i have given up.

I remember in time gone by i could call support most anytime and if i was lucky i got to speak to either Dave or Daniel, two very pleasant people to deal with.

Now i have to call between 12 & 6, never gets answered and no call backs.

Had to try the free to air programming for a few days and to my surprise i still get 7 days worth so i don't need IceTV anymore.

Been with them for many years but time to say by bye.

I wish Dave & Daniel all the best, along with all at IceTV.

TimC

So sad Shadow.

Yes the FTA EPG has improved a great deal from when it started. I wonder what it would have been like if IceTV didn't exist.
If your only measure of IceTV is that fact that it provides 7 days of EPG then I can see that there are other options available to you.

The reality is that IceTV is much more, and yes, the service is less than their best at the moment. This isn't surprising given their circumstances.

Dave and Daniel are still there, but their time is being taken up with getting the new IceTV up and running.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Stalky

Well, I'm getting frustrated too. I have a Skippa and I've subscribed to the 'new' IceTV, but now all the My Series data has gone (all my series recording data is missing from my IceTV account) so My Week recording list is virtually empty.

Sent a request for help to Support and got a quick robot response, then absolute silence! Can't be anything I've done because it was working fine before I re-subscribed, so one would presume it is at Ice's end.

Yes, I've tried updating my Skippa from both the unit and from my Ice account but no luck.

Hopefully someone from Support might be checking this forum and fix it up.

☹️

TimC

The same thing happened to me early on. I'm not all that much of a fan of being able to set series recordings from the Skippa the potential to lose your series recordings goes up quite a bit. If the Skippa thinks they aren't there, they can be deleted from the servers.

I would think that sending the help request was the right option.  They should be able to resurrect your series recordings from a backup.

I wonder if sending a PM to Dave at IceTV might get through a bit quicker.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Stalky

Quote from: TimC on November 09, 2015, 05:43:45 PM

I wonder if sending a PM to Dave at IceTV might get through a bit quicker.

Poor Dave. I had the same thought myself but was trying to hold off for as long as I can, hoping that someone would get back to me.

But I'm real close to sending a PM to Dave. As they say, "if you want something done, ask a busy man" (oops, should that be "person" in this politically-correct age).

John