Skippa issues

Started by jonesy63, November 12, 2015, 03:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonesy63

Hi Folks,
    I opened the Skippa box - and the very next day they went into administration. That didn't bode well!  ::)

Here are a couple of the "features" of Skippa that are bugging me:

• It sometimes freezes when I am using the remote. Only way to recover is to pull the power plug.
    • I have 8363 files video files shared on my Buffalo NAS (running Twonky server 6.0.42) - Skippa only sees about 4 pages of them. (I am bypassing this by renaming the folders I want to watch with a "1" prefix, so it is at least visible).

I am at the latest level of firmware. Not even sure if it is worth raising these as bugs.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Cheers,
    Rob

bodogbodog

Quote from: jonesy63 on November 12, 2015, 03:40:27 PM
    Here are a couple of the "features" of Skippa that are bugging me:

• It sometimes freezes when I am using the remote. Only way to recover is to pull the power plug.

Rob - similar issue here - mine freezes usually overnight and sometime while were watching a programme - I suspect it may be heat related so were putting an extra fan on it to try and keep it cool
I really like it and the features when its going but the lack of reliability is killing me[/list]
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

TimC

Yes Heat can be an issue.

However, the power supplies have also been identified as a cause for freezing.

There is a thread in the Bug report section covering freezing

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 10, 2015, 02:31:11 PM
For those with a Skippa that freezes regularly there can only be 2 possible causes: Either a software bug or a hardware fault.

When you say you have the latest software, Do you mean the 1.1.10604 firmware?
If you are relying on the automatic upload it wont be the latest.

The 1.1.10604 firmware came out post Administration and was never available for Auto upload.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)