Getting upset with IceTV2

Started by xanthi, November 05, 2015, 06:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xanthi

First; went to sign up up with my credit card details and as far as I know it was accepted but NO feedback. Then the Beyonwiz T3 and T4 could not update the IceTV EPG and lastly the iPhone app gives an alert " Unfortunately, it appears as though you do not have a full membership" ... blah blah blah.
IceTV (original) did not mind deleting about two years of fully paid membership without complaint on my part. But this incompetence leaves me astonished. An email seeking verification about my continuity and automatic monthly payment has not been answered and their phone seems to be answered by a overseas person who states to leave a message and we'll get back to you. Yeah...

I'm disillusioned and frustrated about the new(?) IceTV2.

csutak40

Quote from: xanthi on November 05, 2015, 06:55:12 PM
their phone seems to be answered by a overseas person who states to leave a message and we'll get back to you. Yeah...

That's weird..  I  get an Australian voice inviting  me to go to their website to place my pre-order for a Skippa :-)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Xanthi,

Having a look at your account and you have successfully signed up for Auto Renewal, when you do this a green bar is shown at the top of the screen with the text "Payment details updated."

One thing I should point out (that appears to have tripped up a few people) is that just enabling auto-renew does not immediately process a payment. Automatic renewals are processed once a day a few days out from the end of your expiry, so just enabling Auto Renewal in the My Account section of the IceTV website will not renew your account.

We do have a system in place that will extend your account by a couple of days if your account has expired that will allow the system time to automatically renew your account, but for some reason in your case it does not appear to have done this. So I have manually extended your account to allow the system time to process your first auto renewal which will give you your first month.

We will definitely have to get the phones updated with new messages.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

TimC

Quote from: xanthi on November 05, 2015, 06:55:12 PM
I'm disillusioned and frustrated about the new(?) IceTV2.

I can empathise, but I can also see IceTV2's side of things as well.

It is quite apparent that they are currently running on a shoestring.  The number of "Little" problems showing up are the evidence.
I am holding my breath hoping they can get things sorted out before everyone gives up.

It's easy the think that "they have doing this for years, it shouldn't be all that hard to get it sorted pretty quickly".

When you think that they have basically had to start from scratch with new servers and their original software and then look at the amount of change they have had to implement.

Try setting up , bank accounts, banking equipment, business software, and the internet portals in a couple of weeks.

It is actually amazing that the problems haven't been much worse.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

csutak40

I do have to say that IceTV should have sent an email to all as soon as the discovered the problem with the subscriptions.  It really doesn't take a lot of time to send out a bulk  email.

Those of us that wrote here got an explanation, but (reading the Forums) for a lot of would be re-subscribers that was the last straw.  I know of lots of people who didn't bother writing here, or contacting support (or maybe phoned, but, as we know, the phones are never answered these days) so they decided enough is enough and cancelled their account.

I am getting worried for the new IceTV!  :'(  Seemingly, they still haven't learned that timely and  honest communication is important.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: csutak40 on November 06, 2015, 02:00:09 AM
It really doesn't take a lot of time to send out a bulk  email.

Actually it does. It can take 6 to 12 hours for the mass emails to be sent to all customers and the server load is huge. The server load alone could create new problems for everyone. Then 5% of those emails bounce back. Each of those returned emails takes time away from replying to genuine emails.

Emailing 100% of customers because 10% are experiencing a temporary issue is not the answer. That would just confuse the 90% who aren't having a problem.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service