New subscriptions

Started by csutak40, November 05, 2015, 07:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

I thought I'd start a new thread.  I did write to support, but thought I'd bring it here, as other people were having problems too.

I just discovered that my brand new T4, that I only set up yesterday afternoon was asking for my IceTV password again.  I had quite a bit of trouble firing it up, had to turn it off and on again.  I noticed that all the timers I set up on IceTV yesterday afternoon were still there, but none of the others I just spent hours setting up.  So, I went to fetch it again.  It asked for my password, I typed it in again, swearing to myself, wondering how often I'll need to do that. That seemed fine, but when I tried the download timers, it told me that there was an error, I should look at the log.  Did that - got a message that my account has expired.
Not happy Jan!
After all, I only just got the email telling me that "The payment gateway will go live at midnight 4 November and at that time all existing accounts will have one more week of EPG data and recording schedules to allow everyone time to re-subscribe on the IceTV website without interruption to their IceTV service."  Seems IceTV's week consists of about 120 minutes!
Anyway, as I couldn't be bothered arguing, I proceeded to the website to pay a month (sorry, not setting up a direct debit - I would like a BPay option)  First thing it wanted to know if I was a member or a new person.  So, I logged in with my membership.  Made the payment, it then wanted me to set up an account.  I got a bit worried then...  Keep thinking about the hours I just spent setting up timers.  It asked me what equipment I'm using.  When I clicked on the T4, it informed me that it won't accept my email address as it won't accept @.  Funny, I had no problem with logging in with my email address yesterday afternoon!  So, it asked me for my username, I typed it in.  It then informed me that I can't have that, as it is already being used! D'oh!
So, I am not going any further until I hear from someone telling me how to proceed.  And, if I lost all my timers, I will SCREAM
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Judy,

The first thing I can confirm is that all your timers are still there. The account is running, but you will need to login to the T4 one more time to force it to start updating again (you may just be able to force an update in the IceTV plugin menu).

We will have the wording changed on the order confirmation page as your account was already setup you didn't need to run through the setup again, its a little tricky at the moment as there are no existing orders on your account anymore to show this though (but we will get it fixed).

As for the username issue, that looks to just a bit missed from before where the older Beyonwiz models (DP series) didn't support the '@' symbol in usernames, where the 'T' series Beyonwiz's purely use email addresses. This will get fixed as well.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

gibster

HI Dave.

I've got an issue also, every time I try to continue to payment page for the new service I get the following error message "Error in data returned from payment gateway, please contact support". I posted this to the IceTV revived thread also, but this seems like the more appropriate place.

Cheers

gib
BeyonWiz V2

SkippaBeat

Quote from: gibster on November 05, 2015, 11:14:58 AM
HI Dave.

I've got an issue also, every time I try to continue to payment page for the new service I get the following error message "Error in data returned from payment gateway, please contact support". I posted this to the IceTV revived thread also, but this seems like the more appropriate place.

Cheers

gib

Same here!

jillmess

HI Dave.

Cheers

gib

I was also getting this until I looked closely at the completed info that was showing.  Instead of a phone number my username had been auto-filled.  Once I corrected this I was able to proceed to the payment page - you may want to check this on yours.  As my account had 'expired' I had to process a one month 'top-up' before I was able to set up the auto renew.

SkippaBeat

I was also getting this until I looked closely at the completed info that was showing.  Instead of a phone number my username had been auto-filled.  Once I corrected this I was able to proceed to the payment page - you may want to check this on yours.  As my account had 'expired' I had to process a one month 'top-up' before I was able to set up the auto renew.
[/quote]

Same thing with mine.  Looks like credit card is the only option though!

gibster

Quote from: jillmess on November 05, 2015, 05:27:39 PM
HI Dave.

Cheers

gib

Yep. Same here. That fixed the problem.

Cheers
BeyonWiz V2