Scheduling an "encore"

Started by prl, November 09, 2016, 11:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Because of the mess in Nine's schedule on Monday caused by the cricket finishing early, my recording of Hyde & Seek (first runs only) wasn't aligned in a useful way with the actual broadcast contents.

So I wanted to reschedule the missing S1E6 "encore" on Friday, but I couldn't find a way to do it. If I tried to schedule a single episode, it didn't show any way to change the recording type to "First runs & repeats" and just treated it as a request to record a single "first run" for that slot, which of course failed.

I was able to fix it using the Web interface, but it would be good if there was a way to do this via the app (or if I knew how to do it if in fact there is already a way to do this).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

From the website, for any episode that appears in the TV Guide with the grey series icon you can use the 'Record this episode' link to schedule a single recording for that episode without affecting your series recording settings.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Yes, I know that. I even said that I'd succeeded in using it.

What I was asking about was whether there was a similar capability in the Android app.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on November 09, 2016, 12:40:52 PM
Yes, I know that. I even said that I'd succeeded in using it.

Actually all you said was you were "able to fix it using the Web interface". There are other ways to fix it from the web interface but they are convoluted and time consuming.

Usually when I answer a forum post I am writing the answer for everyone in future who searches for answers to the issue being posted about, and not just the original poster.

Quote from: prl on November 09, 2016, 12:40:52 PM
What I was asking about was whether there was a similar capability in the Android app.

Not yet, which is why I only mentioned how to do it on the website  :)

Of course it is possible to open the website in a browser on the Android or Apple device.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 09, 2016, 12:58:56 PM
Actually all you said was you were "able to fix it using the Web interface". There are other ways to fix it from the web interface but they are convoluted and time consuming.

Usually when I answer a forum post I am writing the answer for everyone in future who searches for answers to the issue being posted about, and not just the original poster.

Fair enough.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use