IceTV Scheduled Maintenance tonight (22/10/2015)

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, October 22, 2015, 05:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

Quote from: furbies on October 23, 2015, 03:26:20 PM
Is this likely to just be a DNS issue ?

I pointed my ADSL modem's DNS entries to Google 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4, but that didn't fix the lack of connectivity.

Yes I would say that it is. The Toppy has its own settings for DNS which may differ from those of the router.

On my Toppys the default and secondary DNS are 164.124.101.2 and 211.232.190.1, whereas the Cable Modem uses Telstra DNS 61.9.133.193 and 61.9.134.49. My recollection is that one or both of the DNS listed for the Toppy are located in Korea. Just checked they are both in Korea.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Humax PVRs freezing and Topfield PVRs rebooting

If anybody's Topfield or Humax is misbehaving at the moment (because it cannot find the IceTV server) try unplugging the network cable or the USB WiFi dongle until Sunday, by which time all ISP's DNS servers will know where to find the IceTV servers.

Do NOT set a Humax to use the Humax EPG Type or you will lose all of your Humax's series recordings in your account when it next connects to IceTV. The existing guide data and schedules on the Humax will reappear once it has been disconnected from your network.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 23, 2015, 01:05:10 PM

What is a DNS Server?

A DNS server is like a phone book for web servers. Every ISP has their own DNS servers and they have many different DNS servers in each city. The numerical IP address of the IceTV servers has now changed, and many ISP's DNS servers are still pointing to the old server addresses. As each server learns of the new address, it later passes that new address onto the next server and within 48 hours they will have all been updated.

OK. I know I am slow...  I have two computers (on the same network)  The laptop, which is what I am writing on ATM, is (as you can see) connecting to IceTV's website fine.  My desktop, which is the computer that WMC is connected to, can't even open IceTV's website, or  this Forum - nothing.  All pages just time out.
Is this connected with the DNS server?  I just don't understand how one computer (obviously same ISP) is OK the other isn't.  I even tried rebooting, after which the IceTV  Interactive opened, but it says there is no internet connection.
Incidentally, I have no problems connecting to any other site.
So, its this connected to the scheduled maintenance, or am I having another problem?
I am most unhappy - missed recording my soap :-)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Dave at IceTV

Hi Judy,

Yes, it would be due to the scheduled maintenance.

But it is interesting, to me, that the PC with Media Center cannot even open the IceTV website. Try opening the browser and go to what should be the IceTV website. Then press CTRL and F5 together.

Maybe you have manually configured the DNS server addresses on the PC that can connect so it has a different DNS server address to the PC that cannot connect - or vice versa.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

I'm not at all convinced that it's a DNS issue.

This is what my DNS returns (on my Mac) for api.icetv.com.au, the DNS address used by the T4's IceTV plugin (which works):

Cambyses:python prl$ nslookup api.icetv.com.au
Server:         192.168.178.1
Address:        192.168.178.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
api.icetv.com.au        canonical name = icetv.com.au.
Name:   icetv.com.au
Address: 54.206.1.164
Address: 54.206.94.20

Cambyses:python prl$

And this is what it returns for the two DNS addresses that I found by looking for IP addresses in the DP series firmware program wizpimp, remote-beyonwiz.icetv.com.au and www.icetv.com.au:
Cambyses:python prl$ nslookup remote-beyonwiz.icetv.com.au

remote-beyonwiz.icetv.com.au    canonical name = icetv.com.au.

Cambyses:python prl$ nslookup www.icetv.com.au

www.icetv.com.au        canonical name = icetv.com.au.

Cambyses:python

Always exactly the same pair of addresses, 54.206.94.20 and 54.206.1.164.

The DPs use the same DNS server address as my Mac, my router 192.168.178.1. The router that supplies all the devices, Mac, DP-Lite, DP-P2 and T4 with their DSN server address via DHCP.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raymondjpg

In case it hasn't registered yet the xml guide is now unavailable. If you enter this url http://iceguide.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/epg/iceguide.cgi?op=xmlguide into your web browser then it pops up with username and password fields but does not accept valid login details. It looks more like an authentication issue than a DNS issue to me. However I guess I could wait up to 48 hours for it to resolve itself, although I would prefer to be able to access the Ice Guide sooner than that!
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Guys,

Sorry unfortunately some sleep was required today to be able to function again after the maintenance last night... but I have been looking into it and found the cause and am rolling out a fix now. All authentication issues will be resolved in the next 5 mins.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on October 23, 2015, 06:02:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry unfortunately some sleep was required today to be able to function again after the maintenance last night... but I have been looking into it and found the cause and am rolling out a fix now. All authentication issues will be resolved in the next 5 mins.

XML Guide working again. Thanks Daniel.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 23, 2015, 05:04:57 PM
Hi Judy,

Yes, it would be due to the scheduled maintenance.

But it is interesting, to me, that the PC with Media Center cannot even open the IceTV website. Try opening the browser and go to what should be the IceTV website. Then press CTRL and F5 together.

Maybe you have manually configured the DNS server addresses on the PC that can connect so it has a different DNS server address to the PC that cannot connect - or vice versa.

I just tried CTRL F5 and I also cleared the cache - no change.  How do I look up the DNS server address?  I don't remember ever touching it, unless someone gave me step-by-step instructions for one reason or other.  I certainly wouldn't know how to manually configure it :-)
Cheers,
Judy

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on October 23, 2015, 06:02:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Whatever you did worked. My old Beyonwizes and Win7 Media Center are connecting again.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

JPP

Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Paul55

csutak40

So, it seems everybody's all up, except yours truly  :'( :( ::)
Cheers,
Judy

blip

Try opening a command prompt window and enter the command "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotes).

IanL-S

My Toppys are still being difficult ... see if a reboot fixes it.

Yes, that fixed it.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help