GEM on Win timers out by 30 minutes

Started by vader1111, October 21, 2015, 12:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac37

Quote from: John on October 21, 2015, 04:15:11 PM
Hi mac  I have been doing a lot of the scheduling but never the regionals so have managed to stuff a few up, looking at the commercial schedule for Qld - Sunshine coast is the first Gem in the list the Gem on Win and the second Gem the actual Gem?

sounds convuolted but I guess in the background they have channel numbers that I can't see?

jmac

Thanks Bodog, - yes I understand that they have issues over that, I wonder what Jmac meant here ?
I was just using the one I mentioned to clarify the situation on the Sunshine Coast for him.

Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

prl

Quote from: bodogbodog on October 22, 2015, 01:48:55 PM
Quote from: mac37 on October 22, 2015, 10:18:24 AM
Which commercial guide do you use to pick up scheduling??
I check with this one
http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/wed/
Remember the laws of copyright - IceTV can't and, as I understand it, don't use any published guides to generate the EPG

That's not quite right (otherwise Nine wouldn't have brought a copyright case against them). A large part of the guide "time and title" is automatically generated (mainly on a predictive basis). IceTV supply their own program synopses. They add to that their own observations of station promos and user feedback for corrections.

They also refer to "time and title" information in published guides to make some corrections. It was that use of the published guides that Nine made their copyright case on. The High Court ruled that what IceTV was doing didn't breech Nine's copyright.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing