GEM on Win timers out by 30 minutes

Started by vader1111, October 21, 2015, 12:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vader1111

My Toppy is set to record Rizzoli & Isles, which is on "GEM on Win".  However, the reservation time is out by 30 minutes compared to the advertised time.  I believe that this is true for all GEM on Win timers at present...

The problem is that GEM on Win has different broadcast times, when compared to GEM on the 9 network.  The Win network shows "Win News" at 6:30pm each evening, when the 9 network is showing A Current Affair.  Win moves ACA to GEM, showing it at 630, pushing back all of the evening programming by 30 minutes to fit it in.

This used to work just fine before IceTV took it's short holiday.  The timers appear to have been incorrect since it was resurrected.

John

Hi vader I'll re check them and shift where required, hopefully I will have the commercial guide checks sorted asap :)

jmac

vader1111

Thanks.  I'm in the ACT, if that helps with tracking down the problem.

Right now it appears that the GEM on WIN timers are just a straight copy of the GEM timers from the 9 network.

John

Thanks vader it hels to have a state to work from, i'll look at it now.

jmac

John

Thanks for the help vader, I have fixed wednesday and will work through the rest of the days. Hopefully I will get it right from there on out :)

jmac

John

Hi vader I have fixed all of the schedules for ACT Gem on Win.

jmac

Mac37

Also happening for GEM/"GEM on Win" QLD Sunshine Coast. Also would be nice if the program guide could reflect the channel names which are displayed in "My Account", where we allocate LCNs.
We on the Sunshine Coast receive both Brisbane and local (SC) channels.
So, when scheduling from the program guide we see 2 GEMs and 2 "7mate"s, whereas we see 7TWO and 7TWO - QLD (very nice).
When scheduling for GEM, in the advanced part, we can specify the network as WIN, and get the right one, but for the "sevens" we cannot specify anything that will ensure such a choice ( we only get seven!).
I've just bought a Beyonwiz T2 and am having a problem scheduling anything for seven QLD, with failed timers, stating that no service exists. but that is another story, to sort later.

Thanks
Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

John

Hi mac37 sorry about this I will get onto sorting it out immediately.

jmac

Mac37

Hi John,
Thank you for the prompt response.
I don't think I've heard from you before - so - welcome!
Thanks
Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2

John

Hi mac  I have been doing a lot of the scheduling but never the regionals so have managed to stuff a few up, looking at the commercial schedule for Qld - Sunshine coast is the first Gem in the list the Gem on Win and the second Gem the actual Gem?

sounds convuolted but I guess in the background they have channel numbers that I can't see?

jmac

Mac37

Hi Jmac,

Thank you.
It always seems to be the second one of the two that is the local channel.
So the first GEM is Brisbane (90)and the second one is Local (80)
This I can be sure of, cuz I can state that the network should be WIN, and the second one gets scheduled.
With the two seven ones it also seems to be the second of the two that is the local channel, as is evidenced by the 7TWO channels which are named properly. The second 7mate therefor would be the local (63) channel.
We only get one choice for "GO!" and therefor configure the LCN to be 88.

Thanks
Mac

Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2

Mac37

Hi Jmac,

Sorry - just thought - what do you mean by "the commercial" schedule?
I was referring to the icetv schedule.

Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2

Mac37

Hi John,

Just to clarify what we were discussing !
Which commercial guide do you use to pick up scheduling??
I check with this one
http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/wed/
In this guide the GEM 80 ones are shown first. (presumably cuz its a Sunshine Coast Guide).  They show "A current Affair" at 7:00PM.
As stated by the OP this shoves everything else back by half an hour. The link shows next Wednesday which has the problem I am having as well.
My habit is to schedule "Major crimes" on GEM90 at 8:40PM and "Rizzoli and Isles" on GEM80 at 10:10PM - this way the end of one and the beginning of the other do not clash.
The ICETV guide shows GEM90 first.
Similar problems exist with 7mate, although the programs don't usually differ there. If 2 programs follow one another I like to schedule them on different channels to avoid the overlap. 7TWO is easy because you name them differently in the guide.

Phew !!
Thanks
Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2

bodogbodog

Quote from: mac37 on October 22, 2015, 10:18:24 AM
Which commercial guide do you use to pick up scheduling??
I check with this one
http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/wed/
Remember the laws of copyright - IceTV can't and, as I understand it, don't use any published guides to generate the EPG
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare