Getting the epg up to date

Started by simoncasey, October 21, 2015, 12:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

I realise it's early days but I assume at some stage we'll be asked to start paying for the epg content. At the moment there are probably too many errors for it to be worthwhile.

Just looking at the guide in Melbourne now shows Lewis on 7 (in fact a move called echo) and Dr Phil on 10 (actually the Bachelorette with Dr Phil not due to start until 12.30)

The ongoing payment of $8 a month really hinges on the usefulness of icetv and a set and forget service.

John

Hi simoncasey sorry about the errors, we have been in catch up mode and I have not got back to the 21st to check for changes. I have amended them and hopefully we have the rest of them correct. There must have been a late change for the Bachelorette as it is 60 minutes every where else but for some reason they are showing it for 90 minutes in Melbourne.

jmac

simoncasey

Thanks but there are further errors on the 21st with the guide saying David Blaine on Go at 8.30 but was actually two and a half men.

simoncasey

Channel 11. Guide shows Late Show from 11.35 but American Horry Story is on until 12:00

John

Hi Simoncasey  I'll check them out and fix them where I can.

jmac

simoncasey

There's a few repeats that aren't being flagged.
Dr Who the girl who lives is on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Only Tuesday's episode is shown as a repeat
Horrible histories on Saturday 18:30 is a repeat of Wednesday's episode

John

Thanks simoncasey, I have fixed them.

jmac

simoncasey

Tonight's obvious errors
Godzilla 7mate. Not on until 9.30
New girl 11. Not on at all
Dating naked 11. Not on until 9.30

I know it's busy, but it's been a week since icetv has been resurrected

simoncasey

Tonight abc seems to be missing Death in Paraside at 9.30, so all shows after that are out by an hour

JPP

And last Saturday night the ABC slipped in a repeat of Beautiful lie. at 8.30pm which threw programming out for the rest of the evening.

I know we're in transition atm, but I certainly would want to these kind of slip ups to be over in a couple of weeks.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

bodogbodog

Quote from: JPP on October 26, 2015, 07:25:38 AM
And last Saturday night the ABC slipped in a repeat of Beautiful lie. at 8.30pm which threw programming out for the rest of the evening.
I know we're in transition atm, but I certainly would want to these kind of slip ups to be over in a couple of weeks.
Boy it's a tough audience....
I'm certainly ok with a few errors at this point - the alternative being no IceTV guide and everyone at the mercy of the FTA guide.....
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

simoncasey

Except the FTA  guide is accurate and currently the icetv guide isn't. If I miss recording 2 or 3 shows a week, why would I pay $8.

bodogbodog

Quote from: simoncasey on October 26, 2015, 08:25:03 AM
Except the FTA  guide is accurate and currently the icetv guide isn't. If I miss recording 2 or 3 shows a week, why would I pay $8.

If missing 2-3 shows a week (maybe) impacts your life to that extent perhaps you shouldn't pay $7.99 a month
I'm not aware of any SLA's that IceTV commit to in providing this service except "best endeavours"
What's next - service credits for each error in the IceTV guide?
Like I said I would think we could all cut them slack during this transition period - but it seems that's not to be the case
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

John

Hi Guys  sorry about the errors we are working to get on top of these but unfortunately the ABC has slipped in some odd late changes that we have missed, we will try harder.

jmac

IanL-S

Quote from: JPP on October 26, 2015, 07:25:38 AM

This program was placed in the IceTV EPG but it appears to have been scheduled at the wrong time. I got the program about Ian Fleming (Part 2) instead.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help