IceTV Resurrected

Started by Dave at IceTV, October 16, 2015, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: snuke on November 05, 2015, 01:38:33 AM
RSS Feed is available to subscribers only[/b]

Farewell ICE TV.

There hasn't been an RSS feed for about a year now.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: lee_s on November 04, 2015, 10:33:18 PM
Quote from: JPP on November 04, 2015, 07:07:49 PM
    Hi Dave,

I would like to set up an automatic payment from my end using Internet Banking. What are the account details I should use and what would be my starting date, allowing for some 3-4 days for transaction delay.

Likewise. I'll soon get sick of manually logging in and renewing my subscription every month but I won't be giving anyone open slather on my credit card either ie automatic renewal. Not happening.

If I can have some account details and a reference number I will set up a monthly automatic payment at my end.

I imagine JPP and I are not the only ones that want to do this.

JPP and Lee, check your personal message boxes:
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/pm/
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

By the way, you can purchase multiple one month subscriptions if you want to. In the shopping cart, after having added a one month subscription, just change the quantity to 2 or 6 or 12 etc.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Garyvx

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 05, 2015, 12:37:07 PM
Quote from: Tezza007 on November 05, 2015, 12:33:45 AM
Where's my weeks grace gone? I've suddenly been cut off

Expired accounts are still active and will work for another week.

We found a bug that accidentally caused T series Beyonwiz PVRs and Skippas (and maybe Humax PVRs) to incorrectly expire immediately.
My HTPC (WIN7) after a re-boot now has all shows listed as "Expired" for their name.
Is this the same issue as above?

Regards Gary

Chopsus

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 05, 2015, 12:37:07 PM
Quote from: Tezza007 on November 05, 2015, 12:33:45 AM
Where's my weeks grace gone? I've suddenly been cut off

Expired accounts are still active and will work for another week.

We found a bug that accidentally caused T series Beyonwiz PVRs and Skippas (and maybe Humax PVRs) to incorrectly expire immediately.

OK - so I got the same impression (being held to ransom by ICETV and my T3, so have renewed ... before I renewed it told me my account expired yesterday ... now it is telling me my account will expire on the 10th of November (in 5 days time) despite having just paid for one month with auto renew! ... WTF, shouldn't it be at least December or am I being charged for the period you guys were in administration?

kazz

I renewed yesterday, expiry date is now 5 Dec 2015 and my T3 has connected successfully this morning, so I guess some of us are avoiding the glitches that others are encountering.

Chopsus

Quote from: kazz on November 05, 2015, 02:44:20 PM

I renewed yesterday, expiry date is now 5 Dec 2015 and my T3 has connected successfully this morning, so I guess some of us are avoiding the glitches that others are encountering.

Kazz, do you have anything in "My Orders"?  Mine says I currently have no orders, so am wondering if my renewal go through

dddp

trying to pay for a month and keep getting the message "Error in data returned from payment gateway, please contact support" and can't complete the process

perhaps it's because i use a PO Box as my address and next to this entry field it says "Note: we are unable to deliver to P.O. Boxes." - so what exactly does get delivered anyway? This same address was acceptable in the past - not sure why it isn't now nor why a street address is even needed given nothing gets sent to it!

so what's the story here, is my PO Box address now a problem?
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

kazz

Quote from: Chopsus on November 05, 2015, 03:04:58 PM
Quote from: kazz on November 05, 2015, 02:44:20 PM

Kazz, do you have anything in "My Orders"?  Mine says I currently have no orders, so am wondering if my renewal go through

Hey Chops, yes I have an order showing:

Quote1   1-Month IceTV Subscription (for up to 5 devices) (IG1)   7.99

So maybe, as you suspect, your renewal  didn't go through.

kazz

Quote from: dddp on November 05, 2015, 03:15:50 PM
trying to pay for a month and keep getting the message "Error in data returned from payment gateway, please contact support" and can't complete the process

perhaps it's because i use a PO Box as my address and next to this entry field it says "Note: we are unable to deliver to P.O. Boxes." - so what exactly does get delivered anyway? This same address was acceptable in the past - not sure why it isn't now nor why a street address is even needed given nothing gets sent to it!

so what's the story here, is my PO Box address now a problem?

I have a PO Box for both delivery and billing address and my renewal went through with no issues, I got that message too and just ignored it as I've always had the PO Box.

sys2061

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 05, 2015, 01:46:28 PM
Quote from: snuke on November 05, 2015, 01:38:33 AM
RSS Feed is available to subscribers only

Farewell ICE TV.

There hasn't been an RSS feed for about a year now.

That's weird, because it's still there. It even started working again today when I paid for a month.

It's linked from the TV Guide page, among others:
<link href="/tv-guide/index.cgi?op=myupcomingshows_rss&auth_uuid=REDACTED" rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" />

I would be very disappointed if it went away now.

csutak40

Quote from: simoncasey on November 05, 2015, 07:51:52 AM

Yes, I always get the same thing if icetv password fails. Ie the front panel shows icetv login error but no tv picture. It happens if the icetv login fails while the device is in standby and it stops the beyonwiz coming out of standby so no picture.
If you press exit a few times it will go back into standby and then you can switch it on normally.

Yes, thank you.  That is what I ended up doing.  Bit scary when you're new to the system  ::)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

IanHamilton

I may have missed this but I tried to renew and the only payment option is credit card. I would rather pay with paypal as it is easier to stop automatic renewal payments. Am I stuck with paying by credit card?

simoncasey

Quote from: csutak40 on November 05, 2015, 04:17:02 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on November 05, 2015, 07:51:52 AM

Yes, I always get the same thing if icetv password fails. Ie the front panel shows icetv login error but no tv picture. It happens if the icetv login fails while the device is in standby and it stops the beyonwiz coming out of standby so no picture.
If you press exit a few times it will go back into standby and then you can switch it on normally.

Yes, thank you.  That is what I ended up doing.  Bit scary when you're new to the system  ::)
It was a bit scary even when I'm not new to the system.

jgriffin

So I updated my details like yesterday or the day before, updated the CC and enabled auto-renew and all looked good. Then today it expired on me too. Not happy.

And im using wget with the XMLTV feed.