IceTV Resurrected

Started by Dave at IceTV, October 16, 2015, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkwilson

Quote from: csutak40 on November 05, 2015, 06:03:11 AM

Hmm... I wonder...  Being new to Beyonwiz, I'm not sure what's caused by what.  I just discovered that the LCD screen is saying that it needs the IceTV password, I wondered why - thinking, don't tell me that I'll have to type it in every 5 minutes.  However, I can't wake it up, can't get anything on the TV screen regardless of which button I push.  I just decided to think about it tomorrow, but now wonder if this is the cause?

The IceTV thing shouldn't affect the TV connection. It's possibly a resolution setting that is stuffing up the HDMI handshake. Have you tried switching on and off at the rear power switch? Or switching from to a different input on the TV, then back to the input for your Beyonwiz (sometimes does the trick for me).

simoncasey

Quote from: mkwilson on November 05, 2015, 07:47:49 AM

Hmm... I wonder...  Being new to Beyonwiz, I'm not sure what's caused by what.  I just discovered that the LCD screen is saying that it needs the IceTV password, I wondered why - thinking, don't tell me that I'll have to type it in every 5 minutes.  However, I can't wake it up, can't get anything on the TV screen regardless of which button I push.  I just decided to think about it tomorrow, but now wonder if this is the cause?

The IceTV thing shouldn't affect the TV connection. It's possibly a resolution setting that is stuffing up the HDMI handshake. Have you tried switching on and off at the rear power switch? Or switching from to a different input on the TV, then back to the input for your Beyonwiz (sometimes does the trick for me).
Yes, I always get the same thing if icetv password fails. Ie the front panel shows icetv login error but no tv picture. It happens if the icetv login fails while the device is in standby and it stops the beyonwiz coming out of standby so no picture.
If you press exit a few times it will go back into standby and then you can switch it on normally.

Dacho

Invoice #101 , so 100 by 7:30 pm last night. I wonder how many are required to keep the service.

mkwilson

Quote from: simoncasey on November 05, 2015, 07:51:52 AM
Quote from: mkwilson on November 05, 2015, 07:47:49 AM

Ahhh, that'd explain it....mine is rarely in standby.

Yes, I always get the same thing if icetv password fails. Ie the front panel shows icetv login error but no tv picture. It happens if the icetv login fails while the device is in standby and it stops the beyonwiz coming out of standby so no picture.
If you press exit a few times it will go back into standby and then you can switch it on normally.

IanL-S

Quote from: Dacho on November 05, 2015, 08:48:56 AM
Invoice #101 , so 100 by 7:30 pm last night. I wonder how many are required to keep the service.

Up to 298 at 9.30 am Thursday.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

mkwilson

Quote from: IanL-S on November 05, 2015, 09:31:48 AM
Quote from: Dacho on November 05, 2015, 08:48:56 AM

Up to 298 at 9.30 am Thursday.

Ian

Where are you observing the Invoice #?

raymondjpg

Quote from: mkwilson on November 05, 2015, 10:02:03 AMWhere are you observing the Invoice #?

Under Transaction details in the confirmatory email they sent you. Mine is #349 at 0940 EST.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

gibster

Anyone else having issues trying to renew? I keep getting a message "Error in data returned from payment gateway, please contact support". I've left a message for support, but no response yet. And their phone hours are Noon till 8pm so can't call yet.

gib
BeyonWiz V2

Gwhat

raymondjpg

Quote from: gibster on November 05, 2015, 11:06:54 AM
Anyone else having issues trying to renew? I keep getting a message "Error in data returned from payment gateway, please contact support". I've left a message for support, but no response yet. And their phone hours are Noon till 8pm so can't call yet.

gib

If paying with a credit card, you will see that message if you leave spaces between the numbers. Enter card number without spaces.

I guess that error message will appear if you incorrectly enter any card details.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

gibster

Quote from: raymondjpg on November 05, 2015, 11:12:11 AM
Quote from: gibster on November 05, 2015, 11:06:54 AM

gib

If paying with a credit card, you will see that message if you leave spaces between the numbers. Enter card number without spaces.

I guess that error message will appear if you incorrectly enter any card details.

Not even getting to that point. I'm getting the error on the page before you would enter your card details. Weird. Maybe something to do with my account.
BeyonWiz V2

IanL-S

Try clearing the web browser cache.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Tezza007 on November 05, 2015, 12:33:45 AM
Where's my weeks grace gone? I've suddenly been cut off

Expired accounts are still active and will work for another week.

We found a bug that accidentally caused T series Beyonwiz PVRs and Skippas (and maybe Humax PVRs) to incorrectly expire immediately.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Tezza007

Thanks Dave, I can log in now  ;D

mkwilson

Quote from: raymondjpg on November 05, 2015, 10:06:57 AM
Quote from: mkwilson on November 05, 2015, 10:02:03 AMWhere are you observing the Invoice #?

Under Transaction details in the confirmatory email they sent you. Mine is #349 at 0940 EST.

Ta. I didn't get a confirmation email (not in Junk mail folder either). . Re-subscription seems to have worked though.