IceTV Resurrected

Started by Dave at IceTV, October 16, 2015, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

Quote from: TimC on November 04, 2015, 05:43:14 PM
I know you can do series recordings off the FTA, but you get repeats as well, at least on my Toppys I do. 
Then you have to try to work out if you have seen it or not.

These days I really don't want to muck around with all the research.  In that brief time when IceTV seemed to be shutting down for good, I started looking around for an alternative.  I couldn't find anything close.

I haven't seen anybody in these forums talking about anything similar either.  As I said if there was another shop...

Yes, agreed. Although it is interesting that a lot of people use IceTV to prevent recording repeats. If the fta epg started flagging repeats reliably, I wonder if the IceTV service would be that popular.

And then there's always the delete key argument...

Paul55

Quote from: artroom on November 04, 2015, 04:50:45 PM
Quote from: Paul55 on November 04, 2015, 04:39:31 PM
Also, grow up and stop the emotive claptrap about being ripped off and paying twice and the suggestions of some sort of immoral behavior.

So if you walked into a shop and handed over a hundred dollars to the cashier, and they said "Oops, just lost that. You'll have to pay again" you're the person who would go "Sure thing, I don't mind paying twice."

Don't feed the trolls

doggy

I will add a comment directed mainly at the "new" owners. Yes, I understand about new company, old company, startup costs etc.

I had around 2,100 days of IceTV which I had paid for (and have lost) and I was also one of the original subscribers to IceTV.

My sentiment is that if the new owners had offered a small inducement to those who had been loyal supporters and had lost out (through Skippa/Ice subscriptions/other) then they could have attracted a bigger percentage of previous subscribers to form the new loyal user base.

It was sensible to offer only a month by month proposition.

I have still not decided which way I will go. The initial (emotional) thought was "no". The now thought is "maybe, for a while". If there had been some small inducement then it would have been a definite "yes".

Regardless, I hope that IceTV does continue and succeed and will observer with interest.

Regards,
Dave
Topfield TF5000PVRt
Taps: PBK, JustEPG, TF5000Display, Iceloader
Icebox2

Atreides83

Quote from: Paul55 on November 04, 2015, 04:39:31 PM
At $7.99, the monthly rate is considerably lower than the old $13 monthly rate.
But much higher than the discount rates that they were willing and happy to take people's money at with promises of service for years to come...

"Oops, we spent all that money on some scheme you never asked for. Nevermind guys, we've done some legal wrangling so we can keep the profitable arm of the business going. Please forget all our promises and start paying us again".

And you are wondering why this has stirred up people's emotions?

Dave at IceTV

Anyone who used a credit card to renew their subscription with the old IceTV may be able to claim a refund for the unused portion of the subscription from their credit card provider. The surcharges on credit card purchases fund buyer protection.

But PayPal will not refund subscription payments.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Heideho

Love your work Dave. Really looking forward to when everything settles down again.
Brisbane

JPP

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 16, 2015, 11:59:20 AM
    • Anyone with a Skippa will need to have a monthly TV guide subscription (for $7.99 each month, paid by the month).
    • Skippas will count as 1 of the 5 devices allowed to use each subscription.
    • If you purchase a subscription to use with another device your Skippa can use that subscription as well.

cheers

Dave... back at IceTV
    Hi Dave,

I would like to set up an automatic payment from my end using Internet Banking. What are the account details I should use and what would be my starting date, allowing for some 3-4 days for transaction delay.[/list]
    Phil.
    Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Dacho

lee_s

Quote from: JPP on November 04, 2015, 07:07:49 PM
      Hi Dave,

I would like to set up an automatic payment from my end using Internet Banking. What are the account details I should use and what would be my starting date, allowing for some 3-4 days for transaction delay.

Likewise. I'll soon get sick of manually logging in and renewing my subscription every month but I won't be giving anyone open slather on my credit card either ie automatic renewal. Not happening.

If I can have some account details and a reference number I will set up a monthly automatic payment at my end.

I imagine JPP and I are not the only ones that want to do this.

Tezza007

Where's my weeks grace gone? I've suddenly been cut off

snuke

From expiring 20 Jan 2021, to 14 Nov 2015, and now 5 Nov 2015.

And so it begins:
    Your subscription expired on November 05, 2015

RSS Feed is available to subscribers only

Farewell ICE TV.

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 04, 2015, 06:25:16 PM
    Anyone who used a credit card to renew their subscription with the old IceTV may be able to claim a refund for the unused portion of the subscription from their credit card provider. The surcharges on credit card purchases fund buyer protection.

It may depend on how long ago you've paid it.  I put a claim in, haven't had a decision yet, but not holding my breath

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on November 04, 2015, 06:25:16 PMBut PayPal will not refund subscription payments.

I have heard of a few people that did get it back from PayPal
    Cheers,
    Judy
    Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

Quote from: snuke on November 05, 2015, 01:38:33 AM
    From expiring 20 Jan 2021, to 14 Nov 2015, and now 5 Nov 2015.

And so it begins:
    Your subscription expired on November 05, 2015

RSS Feed is available to subscribers only

Farewell ICE TV.

Hmm.  Mine says the same, however, I can still see "my week", so that may be a mistake.

Dave???
    Cheers,
    Judy

mkwilson

Quote from: Tezza007 on November 05, 2015, 12:33:45 AM

Yeh, me too, and it won't accept my password. Got an email yesterday saying that the new payment system would be available at midnight, and we'd have a week to re-subscribe. Shortest week in history. Not a good sign. Reconsidering my options now....could be back to autotimers.

csutak40

Quote from: mkwilson on November 05, 2015, 05:44:45 AM
    Quote from: Tezza007 on November 05, 2015, 12:33:45 AM

Yeh, me too, and it won't accept my password. Got an email yesterday saying that the new payment system would be available at midnight, and we'd have a week to re-subscribe. Shortest week in history. Not a good sign. Reconsidering my options now....could be back to autotimers.

Hmm... I wonder...  Being new to Beyonwiz, I'm not sure what's caused by what.  I just discovered that the LCD screen is saying that it needs the IceTV password, I wondered why - thinking, don't tell me that I'll have to type it in every 5 minutes.  However, I can't wake it up, can't get anything on the TV screen regardless of which button I push.  I just decided to think about it tomorrow, but now wonder if this is the cause?
    Cheers,
    Judy