IceTV Resurrected

Started by Dave at IceTV, October 16, 2015, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I'm going to be without reliable access to Internet for about 3 weeks from Wed next week.

I've enabled Auto Renewal of my account. Will that "just work" when the IceTV payment system fires up? My account is currently showing expiry on 15 Nov (which I guess is the same for everyone).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Heideho

My understanding is that this is a new payment gateway and that any renewals are dead. I think you will have to start a new payment process.
Brisbane

prl

I've had an answer from IctTV support. It's not possible to set up auto renew yet.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raj

G'day,

Has there been any development on this? I have just lost all EPG this evening. Checking my account it says I am logged in, but still no EPG.

I have not received any information regarding the payment process being up and running.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: raj on October 30, 2015, 07:06:58 PM
G'day,

Has there been any development on this? I have just lost all EPG this evening. Checking my account it says I am logged in, but still no EPG.

I have not received any information regarding the payment process being up and running.

Your recorder may have stopped updating last weekend during the scheduled maintenance last Friday. Try switching the recorder off at it's rear switch or power point for 10 seconds. If it's a media centre or computer try rebooting it.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

raj

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 30, 2015, 11:28:22 PM
Your recorder may have stopped updating last weekend during the scheduled maintenance last Friday. Try switching the recorder off at it's rear switch or power point for 10 seconds. If it's a media centre or computer try rebooting it.
I have a Beyonwiz DP-P2, and it was working. When it stopped yesterday, there was something about a duplicate entry. I did not make a note about it because I figured rebooting would fix it. It didn't.

I have just powered it down, unplugged it and then restarted it and it all seems to be working right now.

Thanks.

bodogbodog

Quote from: raj on October 31, 2015, 02:15:15 PM
I have a Beyonwiz DP-P2, and it was working. When it stopped yesterday, there was something about a duplicate entry. I did not make a note about it because I figured rebooting would fix it. It didn't.
I have just powered it down, unplugged it and then restarted it and it all seems to be working right now.
My DP-2 stopped getting updates last week as well - I also found that unplugging it and then powering back on fixed it as well
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

MeerkatGP

Hi all, my heartfelt thanks go to the great IceTv staff team for sticking with it and keeping us going!

Good on ya guys!

Now on a personal note, I had only just topped up my account last August for five years, yes five...

Gone!

So have to hope there will be longer subscription periods on offer, for cheaper rates than the current flat 8 bucks a month!

Please someone tell me we are going to be offered a six monthly or yearly (or maybe longer) subscription top up options, for incrementally cheaper rates?

I have registered as a creditor, but would much rather being offered a year or two subscription in exchange for my (previous) five year top up...

Does anyone else think the same?

csutak40

Quote from: MeerkatGP on November 02, 2015, 12:30:29 AM

So have to hope there will be longer subscription periods on offer, for cheaper rates than the current flat 8 bucks a month!

Please someone tell me we are going to be offered a six monthly or yearly (or maybe longer) subscription top up options, for incrementally cheaper rates?

Well, given  what just happened to our subscriptions, I think that most of us would be vary or paying in advance again.  Would take a while for IceTV to win back our trust to want to do that.  I, for one, am quite happy to be paying monthly,  so that if something  goes wrong again, I haven't lost much, equally, if I'm not happy for any reason, I can bow out without any loss

Quote from: MeerkatGP on November 02, 2015, 12:30:29 AMI have registered as a creditor, but would much rather being offered a year or two subscription in exchange for my (previous) five year top up...

That's never going to happen as our subscriptions were to the old company, which has nothing to do with the current one. Mind you, I wouldn't hold my breath for getting anything back for the subscription anyway.  By the time the administrator, the secured creditors and the employees get back what they are owed, there won't be much (if anything) left for the unsecured creditors.
Quote from: MeerkatGP on November 02, 2015, 12:30:29 AMDoes anyone else think the same?

I don't  ;)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on November 02, 2015, 02:13:57 AM
... By the time the administrator, the secured creditors and the employees get back what they are owed, there won't be much (if anything) left for the unsecured creditors. ...
If I read the Administrator's report to creditors correctly, not even secured creditors are likely to be paid in full. If the secured creditors can't be paid in full, my understanding is that there'll be nothing at all for unsecured creditors like subscribers and people who pre-paid for a SKIPPA and didn't get one. It also looks like former IceTV v1 staff are likely to not receive some entitlements.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

IanL-S

Quote from: prl on November 02, 2015, 10:38:17 AM
Quote from: csutak40 on November 02, 2015, 02:13:57 AM
... By the time the administrator, the secured creditors and the employees get back what they are owed, there won't be much (if anything) left for the unsecured creditors. ...
If I read the Administrator's report to creditors correctly, not even secured creditors are likely to be paid in full. If the secured creditors can't be paid in full, my understanding is that there'll be nothing at all for unsecured creditors like subscribers and people who pre-paid for a SKIPPA and didn't get one. It also looks like former IceTV v1 staff are likely to not receive some entitlements.

Yes, I think that is an accurate summary of the position.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

artroom

QuoteI have registered as a creditor, but would much rather being offered a year or two subscription in exchange for my (previous) five year top up...

Does anyone else think the same?

I do.
I completely understand this is now a separate business etc, but still feel somewhat ripped off that my years of upfront subscriptions are just wiped off, with no recognition at all.
I would like to see some sort of offer such as a discount (20, 30 50% whatever) off for however long your paid subscription had left on it.
Just something to show their acknowledgement of what we lost also, but whilst still keeping the income coming in.
HPN54L with WHS2011 - DVBLogic - 2x HDHomeruns

JPP

But, would you still feel exactly the same (need for compensation) if an entirely new entity had taken on the business?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

simoncasey

Quote from: JPP on November 04, 2015, 10:12:21 AM
But, would you still feel exactly the same (need for compensation) if an entirely new entity had taken on the business?
I think I would. And I think it would be good business sense for the new entity. Offering a discount rewards pre-existing loyal customers who the new company would be keen to continue and doesn't affect short term cash flow as those customers would still have to start paying from the start. For the new company, it would just be a business decision to retain customers but for those customers it would feel like some acknowledgement of the loss. 
Offering a ~20% discount on the monthly rate (eg $6.50 a month) for the duration of their previous subscription would likely be a compromise for previous customers and tempt a greater number to stay.

artroom

Quote from: JPP on November 04, 2015, 10:12:21 AM

I would imagine most people would like compensation from anyone/business they pay money to but not get their product/service.
Obviously as unsecured creditors, we are never going to get anything from the Administrators of the old IceTV, and the new IceTV are under no obligation to compensate those who had years of subscriptions paid up (or Skippa orders), but I feel as a gesture of good will, it would be a nice thing to acknowledge and somewhat compensate those who have also lost in some cases a considerable amount of money, even a small discount on future subscriptions to feel better about the whole situation.
I sympathise completely with the staff and others who have lost, and hope they get what is owing to them, but feel we, as the valued customers are getting overlooked here. I know personally I am still deciding whether to continue my subscription, but do know that if given some recognition (even say $1 month off - for the remainder of my term) I would be far more inclined to continue - I think this is mainly a pyschological thing - but this should never be underestimated when it comes to sales/marketing.

I hope I've explained my thoughts ok, and really do wish the new business all the best and hope it continues for many, many years to come.
HPN54L with WHS2011 - DVBLogic - 2x HDHomeruns