IceTV Resurrected

Started by Dave at IceTV, October 16, 2015, 11:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

Goods News Everyone

The necessary staff with IceTV experience have returned and the IceTV TV Guide will resume being updated from tomorrow.

• The TV Guide will be available only as a monthly subscription for $7.99 each month, paid by the month.
  • Each subscription will support up to 5 recording devices.
  • There are no unlimited, lifetime, multi-year or single-device subscriptions.
Existing accounts, including series recordings etc, remain intact. But unfortunately any remaining time on existing subscriptions from the old IceTV company will expire *soon.

* All existing subscriptions will be honoured until the new payment gateway is operational. We will notify all customers what to do before their subscription expires.

Skippa

Unfortunately all Skippa's unlimited TV guide subscriptions from the old IceTV company will also *soon expire.

• Anyone with a Skippa will need to have a monthly TV guide subscription (for $7.99 each month, paid by the month).
  • Skippas will count as 1 of the 5 devices allowed to use each subscription.
  • If you purchase a subscription to use with another device your Skippa can use that subscription as well.
  • The latest 1.1.10604 version software will soon be available to download for updating from a USB stick.

Personally, after contemplating TV recording without IceTV, I think $7.99 each month is better than the alternative of manually setting daily and weekly timers on my old PVRs and wondering how to avoid recording repeats on my new PVRs.

cheers

Dave... back at IceTV
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Vortical

Great news Dave

What do current users need to do at the moment with the new monthly payment conditions?

Can you elaborate who was involved in saving IceTV?

marcusstringer

This is the best news...Congrats guys...

I had a feeling this would happen, that why I didn't change anything on my system Woot!!!!
Marcus
Twitter: @MarcusStringer
www.midlandtypsetters.com.au

SkippaBeat

Brilliant news Dave, not only for us but for you and the staff.  I hope past subscribers come back on board because it is a tremendous piece of software.

I haven't looked but assume we will be told where/how to re-subscribe?

In a way, hope I don't require your assistance in the future!  ;)

P.S. Even enjoying the limited use of Skippa!

Archer_11

Hi Dave,

Amazing! Fantastic news! Well done, congrats to you and the remaining staff & I'm incredibly relieved that IceTV is continuing. Whoever pulled the strings to get this together at the last minute deserves a massive pat on the back.

I'll be honest, I am upset that I am losing my ten year sub (I think I had till 2024 or similar) but I will take this over losing IceTV any day.

Thanks again & congrats on a successful rescue.

GlenR

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 16, 2015, 11:59:20 AM
Goods News Everyone

Existing accounts, including series recordings etc, remain intact. But unfortunately any remaining time on existing subscriptions from the old IceTV company will expire soon.

:D Great news!!

Can you tell us how soon "soon" is? How long do we have before we have to re-sign up or whatever?

kazzaq

Great to hear, thanks to the very dedicated staff for this good news.

iandi

grahford

Great news.

Given there is basic Skippa support planned, is there any hope that those of us who have not received ours may still get them at some point. Or is that still a lost cause?

Garywg

Thats great, so when will the timers work on Ice TV again, Mine stopped working.

Ok I just looked and see the timers are working and i have recordings set on my toppy again :)

I take it Ice TV is still looking for a buyer?

peteru

Is the old management still involved? Are we looking at a phoenix here? A case where the company has gone down in flames, thus shedding any debts and obligations and then from the ashes rises the same company, doing the same business?

What is the story here?

kazz

Great news Dave, especially for you guys who work there.   :D

I'll be on board for sure.

EdQld

That is Great News Dave and good to see you are back employed with IceTV  :D

I hope the new Skippa f/w will be released soon to fix the recent bugs

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: grahford on October 16, 2015, 12:27:27 PM
Great news.

Given there is basic Skippa support planned, is there any hope that those of us who have not received ours may still get them at some point. Or is that still a lost cause?

Anyone who has not received their Skippa should make a claim through PayPal or their credit card provider or bank to recover the funds that they paid.

Now that Skippas are again working as a PVR the manufacturer, UEC, would not have to change anything if they wanted to sell off the remaining truckload of Skippas cheaply.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Garywg on October 16, 2015, 12:29:45 PM
Thats great, so when will the timers work on Ice TV again, Mine stopped working.

Ok I just looked and see the timers are working and i have recordings set on my toppy again :)

At the moment you've probably only got guide data and therefore timers up to around midnight Tuesday. The regular amount of data and timers should start appearing over the weekend.

Quote from: Garywg on October 16, 2015, 12:29:45 PM
I take it Ice TV is still looking for a buyer?

No.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service