skippa & paypal claims

Started by Aussiebec, October 14, 2015, 09:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

injidup

Quote from: emmsee on October 19, 2015, 08:28:20 AM
I lodged a claim with PayPal for non receipt of my Skippa the day after IceTV went into VA.
Like others,  I received an email from PayPal this morning saying they were refunding $417 to my account. 😀
YAHOO!
I don't often get a win but sure did this time.
Bought a Beyonwiz T2 for $349 with 1tb HDD and a usb tuner (making 3 tuners).
Happy camper!
emmsee😂

I too have a refund from PayPal!
How did you get a T2 at that price?

Kev.

prl

Beyonwiz did a recent $100-off deal on the T2. I think it may have finished.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

injidup

Quote from: prl on October 19, 2015, 02:26:40 PM
Beyonwiz did a recent $100-off deal on the T2. I think it may have finished.
It has. I was a few days late!
I still have an operational Lite-i so will wait for the next special offer.

Paul55

Pursya

Paul55

Try here. End of page 2.

http://beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=9598

OK that didn't work either.

Go to the beyonwiz.com.au/forum/
Under the T2/T3/T4 area, select Ice TV
The first topic is IceTV Administration - end of page 2

prl

I've had problems with the forum mangling ampersands in URLs, too. Both the above URLs work if you copy/paste them into your browser's address bar. Clicking on them doesn't work.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

payandwait

paypal claim lodged. waiting for response from seller which i doubt they will respond to which means automatic refund from paypal
once i send the piece of crap back to them.

worked well for 2 weeks...did skip the ads but now the skip feature has stopped but i have the EPG for now until those arseholes ask me to pay for it.
so my lifetime free subscription turns out to be about 1 month.

i'm getting a fetch box once this is sorted... great little units

TimC

The new firmware 1.1.10604 fixes Addskip, but there are a couple of other fairly minor bugs though.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Aussiebec

Response from PayPal

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favour.

You have indicated that a partial refund of $417.00 AUD would be
satisfactory.
We were able to recover $417.00 AUD, and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow 5 business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

pbwhi0

I received a PayPal refund earlier this week. Must say I was a little surprised as the PayPal email seemed to indicate that they were going to seek a refund from the sellers account. I thought IceTV didn't have any funds and therefore I didn't expect to see my money. However $417 was transferred back into my MasterCard so I am extremely happy that I was order number 800 (or there abouts) and never received the Skippa. Now I can tell my wife the sad tale :)

Paul

prl

Quote from: pbwhi0 on October 24, 2015, 07:48:32 AM
... Must say I was a little surprised as the PayPal email seemed to indicate that they were going to seek a refund from the sellers account.
That necessarily doesn't mean they'll succeed, even partially.

Quote from: pbwhi0 on October 24, 2015, 07:48:32 AMI thought IceTV didn't have any funds and therefore I didn't expect to see my money. ...
It appears that their ability to recover the money wasn't linked to them refunding you in full.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Some people have received refunds even for the subscription, yet they refused some Skippa refunds at first, because they said they don't refund subscriptions, only tangible goods. That was because they weren't aware that IceTV has been selling goods as well as subscriptions. 
Seems I purchased my last subscription with my credit card, not PayPal, and (although some banks have been quite good about this as well) my bank told me I'll have to wait 45 days for a decision (CBA) so I don't like my chances  :'(
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Crawfo

I received a Skippa, but given that it is not faulty and should continue to function with a paid subscription to the IceTV EPG, I assumed that I had no valid reason to claim a Paypal refund.  Are you claiming a Paypal refund for the loss of warranty and loss of the lifetime IceTV subscription?

csutak40

If you were asking me, I didn't purchase a Skippa, I am attempting to claim for the lost subscription (paid up to 2019)

I suppose people could argue that their Skippa is not fully functional, because they now have to purchase a subscription (as it doesn't work without that) also (and I am not sure about that) I think there won't be any more bug fixes, nor any repairs under warranty, should the need arise.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,