skippa & paypal claims

Started by Aussiebec, October 14, 2015, 09:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussiebec

Has anyone had any success in making a claim with paypal for those who received the unit???

Update: paypal refund in my paypal account... Woo hoo
This is what I just received from PayPal.

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favour.

You have indicated that a partial refund of $417.00 AUD would be
satisfactory.
We were able to recover $417.00 AUD, and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow 5 business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

Tyrus

Lodged a claim the day we got the administrator's notice... nothing heard from Paypal as yet.

warkus

Hi everyone...

I have absolutely no idea if it will work - for people that have already received the Skippa unit, but i have lodged a PayPal claim, and here is the way in which i did that - in case it assists others in doing the same. I do not know if it will be successful or not but you may as well try.

----------------------------------------------
Find payment to IceTV in the activities section of Paypal.
Open the transaction, down the bottom click on "You can still report the problem in the Resolution Centre within 180 days."
Select "I have a problem with an item I purchased" then continue.
Select "I received my item, but it is significantly not as described. For example:" then continue.
Under "How was the item significantly not as described?" select "Incomplete Duration".
Under "Link to the product website" type "http://www.skippa.tv".
Under Category select "Home Consumer/Electronics".
Under message to seller I wrote the following, not sure if it will work or not but we can only try...
----------------
The item provided by IceTV Pty, Ltd - being one (1) x Skippa branded PVR unit -  no longer functions.

The Skippa device REQUIRES MANDATORY ACCESS TO THE ICETV EPG DATA SERVICE in order to function. It also requires access to IceTV servers to confirm product activation. Without being able to receive this data the device no longer functions at all in the manner for which it was designed.

The reason for non-function is that the company (IceTV Pty, Ltd) has gone into Voluntary Administration and is now unable to continue to trade financially or find a new owner for its business. Therefore the IceTV EPG data service and IceTV servers have been shut down. Technical staff no longer work for the company, and the Skippa PVR unit no longer functions as per manufacturer specification. There is no chance of this situation changing. The device is now worthless.

The device has a 12 months warranty as per Australian Consumer Law and a LIFETIME IceTV EPG Guide subscription, which means that whilst the physical product was delivered and received - one (1) x Skippa branded PVR unit - the service component of the product purchased has now been withdrawn and therefore this falls under the "incomplete Duration" category for PayPal Resolutions.
-----------------
Tick "I would like to request a refund of" and enter amount - mine was $417.00.
Select continue.

You will then be notified that the seller cannot be contacted and that the claim is being escalated straight away.
Select "I do not believe we will be able to reach an amicable resolution".
Then either select "I will only accept a full refund" or enter the amount that you are happy to accept as a refund.
Tick that you will provide honest information blah blah blah...
Then submit...

Job done...

No idea if it works but what have we got to loose. The more that lodge claims the better I think.

It's $400 i can put towards some other project at home.

Just thought i'd post in case it encouraged or helped others to do the same...

Mark

GaryT

I just received the below response from Paypal regarding my SKIPPA claim.

"Unfortunately, we are refusing your claim because your purchase was for a virtual, digital or intangible item, which is not covered under PayPal Buyer Protection. We only cover claims involving physical items that can be shipped and tracked.

We encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve the problem. You'll find their contact information on the Transaction Details page"

I've gone back to them telling them that the above is obviously incorrect reasoning.

My claim was because I had not received the Skippa, not sure how Paypal are going to respond to those who did receive one.

Pursya

How is the Skippa, a DVR box, not a tangible unit?
I think they are mistaking the Skippa for the IceTV program.
You may need to send them the Skippa email that got you involved in the initial purchase.

My claim is currently sitting at this;
QuoteThe seller has been asked to respond by 18 Oct 2015. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.

*edit* you can still see a physical ad for Skippa here ; http://skippa.tv
I've taken some screenshots in case I need to prove the unit as a physical thing.
I suggest you do the same and send the screenshots to PayPal.

GaryT

Yeah,

In my response to Paypal I included the link to the Skippa add. My gut feel is that Paypal are not going to be very co-operative in spite of their "buyer protection" policy as this exercise, if they pay us all out will cost them a lot of money.

Tyrus

I got the same "refused because its not a physical unit" reply from Paypal tonight.   

I've also appealed, but get the feeling we will only get more red tape BS from here on. 

gibster

Take it to the origin of your payment if you get no satisfaction out of PayPal. I took my complaint to my credit card provider, and they have already provided a "Provisional" refund.

gib
BeyonWiz V2

TimC

Apologies, I placed the original of this message in the wrong forum.

Thanks for the initial message Warkus.  I just found it and my claim is now in.
Its definitely worth a try.

Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

bridjee

Got the same email and just got off the phone with them,   they had icetv as subscription service not a box.  After getting the service rep on the icetv website he has reopened the case.  He identified that skippa was indeed a piece of hardware e needed to confirm that the Skippa was the item purchased. 

tel:1800 073 263 (toll free)  press 0 for an operator.

GaryT

Thanks for the tip Bridjee, I just made the same call and spoke to a Paypal operator who had already received a similar call this morning (possibly yours). My case has been re opened and they said I'd hear something more from them in 24 to 72 hours.

logger

Quote from: warkus on October 15, 2015, 06:56:30 PM
Hi everyone...

I have absolutely no idea if it will work - for people that have already received the Skippa unit, but i have lodged a PayPal claim, and here is the way in which i did that - in case it assists others in doing the same. I do not know if it will be successful or not but you may as well try.
<snip>
Just thought i'd post in case it encouraged or helped others to do the same...

Mark

Thanks for the walk through Mark. I have jumped on the bandwagon and lodged a paypal claim in the same vain as yours.
Will see how it pans out.

IanL-S

Hm, Just realised I paid for my SKIPPA by PayPal. So I may also join the rush ....

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

FMB

I followed Warkus' lead and lodged a claim based on his. The only thing I did differently, based on previous issues with it being a non-tangible product, was to expand the description of the item. I wrote:

"The item provided by IceTV Pty, Ltd - being one (1) x Skippa branded 3 HD Tuner 1Tb Personal Video Recorder (serial no. ICEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX) -  no longer functions one week after delivery."

I'm not sure that is the serial number. I got it from a sticker on the box, just above the MAC address. I wasn't going to pull out the cupboard just to make sure it was right.

danauld

Hey guys, I've jumped on the forums to let you know that I too have had a Skippa delivered and made a PayPal claim to get a refund for the soon-to-be anchor. Fingers crossed we all don't get rubbish generic emails back from them denying the claim! I completely forgot that I paid with my Credit Card through PayPal's gateway.