skippa & paypal claims

Started by Aussiebec, October 14, 2015, 09:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FMB

Quote from: Crawfo on October 25, 2015, 03:39:45 PM
I received a Skippa, but given that it is not faulty and should continue to function with a paid subscription to the IceTV EPG, I assumed that I had no valid reason to claim a Paypal refund.  Are you claiming a Paypal refund for the loss of warranty and loss of the lifetime IceTV subscription?

Read the post from warkus on the first page. I followed his lead and am waiting on a response from Paypal next week.

prl

I think that people who want to claim against Paypal for a SKIPPA they've received are in a tricky position, though I still think that they have a case for not receiving what they paid for, but I have no idea how Paypal would approach that.

Warranty and Australian Consumer Guarantee claims are also look tricky, since neither the retailer not manufacturer are in business any more.

I didn't order one.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

warkus

The manufacturer is in business, most definitely. Just not in Australia.

They closed their Australian office/operations, but Altech multimedia (parent company) still exist, and they have transferred sales/distributor rights including support of the Altech range across to NAS Australia.

I believe however that NAS did not agree to take on the Skippa or any aspect of that product.

Aussiebec

Quote from: prl on October 25, 2015, 06:20:06 PM
I think that people who want to claim against Paypal for a SKIPPA they've received are in a tricky position, though I still think that they have a case for not receiving what they paid for, but I have no idea how Paypal would approach that.

I received my skippa in the first batch and PayPal accepted my claim.

FMB

PayPal has just approved my claim. A full refund on its way. I received my Skippa in the first shipment.

My Skippa will now be cleared out, factory reset and packed away. If anyone is in the market for a near new, barely used Skippa, send me a PM.

Heideho

Following the crowd here I've lodged a claim with PayPal tonight now waiting to see what happens. I did receive my Skippa but not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing in the long run.
Brisbane

TimC

Quote from: Aussiebec on October 23, 2015, 08:59:03 PM
Response from PayPal

We were able to recover $417.00 AUD, and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow 5 business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

I have received a similar response from PayPal, but I am wondering about the last paragraph.  It seems to imply that the money will come from the seller not PayPal.

Has anyone actually received the refund yet?
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

GaryT

[/quote]

I certainly have, (ie. Money is safely back in my bank account) and going by comments both in this forum and on Whirlpool it would appear that quite a lot of people have actually received refunds for the Skippa purchases from Paypal.

Larsmate

Quote from: GaryT on October 28, 2015, 07:03:01 AM

Yes, I received $380.75 from PayPal. Odd amount as it was originally $417 including shipping....
Edit: Sorry bum steer, the remainder went directly to my PayPal account as it was a split payment so all good I received the full refund; thank you PayPal.

Mac37

I received the full $417 Wednesday 28th ( notified on Monday that had been approved).
I did NOT receive a SKIPPA.

Thanks
Mac
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

Stalky

Ditto - received the full $417 from PayPal using Warkus's guidelines (thanks Mark).

This will help offset my lost IceTV subs (to 2020).

Gotta give a big wrap to PayPal - very efficient and so nice to see the money credited to my PayPal account.

John

Ea5e

Yes, I also got my full $417 back from Paypal

JRB

Just an FYI for everyone who purchased via CCard and did not receive their SKIPPA at all (I went for the whole SKIPPA shebang & Lifetime doodads)

Today I received a "Preliminary Refund" from CBA - MCard.

With a note as follows:

"Thank you for letting us know you would like to dispute a transaction on your credit card... we have refunded the amount back to your account before conducting our investigation"
"Our next step is to contact the merchant that processed the transaction. If they can show that it
was properly authorised we will need to deduct the refund back from your account"

I sent them a letter explaining all the ins and outs and associated doco so it should be ok

So hopefully their "investigation" will sort things out and I wont read to much into the "properly authorized" comment which I presume is just part of their Form Letter for these sorts of things

Fingers crossed :)

csutak40

I put in a claim with CBA about my subscription.  Explained the reason on the phone.  Was told that it will take 45 days to investigate, but just got a letter, (about 2 weeks later) asking for:

• Documents showing the expected delivery date and any other letters or emails you have received from the merchant
  • A letter signed by you explaining how you tried to resolve this matter  with the merchant.  Your letter will need to include the date you contracted the merchant, how you contacted them and what you expected to receive
  • A copy of written description of the merchant's response
[/color]
So, I sent them a copy of the letter from the administrator and also the email asking if we would be interested in a monthly subscription.  That email included the sentence: Unfortunately I must state that your current subscription value is lost although you may be able to recover the unused proportion if you used a credit provider
We'll see what, if anything, happens next
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

blockertig

For all those who followed Warkus's lead like me who received a Skippa and then lodged a Paypal claim, how long was it between lodging and paypal refunding? On my account today it says it is awaiting a reply from the seller and has given them until 7 November. I lodged the claim on the evening of 27/10/15. So all being well i am guessing a refund some time after 7 November so this would be about 2 weeks once weekends are taken into account. Is that other peoples experience with Paypal?

I modified Warkus narrative as it predated the resurrection but I focused on the current ICE TV company having no responsibility for Skippa including its warranty and there being no more firmware updates effectively meaning Skippa is not a long term proposition especially the ad skippa function itself.