No repeat flags on T3

Started by scotty, April 22, 2015, 02:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

You're right. It was just a coincidence that Beyonwiz chose to append [Rpt] to the titles the same as I do with custom repeat flags (except on DP series Beyonwizes because WizFX has a problem with shows with [ in their name).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

The [Rpt] flagging at the end of the title is done in the T series IceTV plugin code using the repeat flags in the feed data, and is available in the beta firmware for all models (from Last Update 2015-09-02).

There currently isn't any way to disable the '[Rpt]' flagging on the T series firmware, which could be inconvenient for people wanting to use the IceTV custom flagging instead.

IceTV server-end custom flagging doesn't seem to be working for me (tested on T3 running 20150831), with the settings for [R] at the beginning of the title.

The [Rpt] flagging doesn't affect the recording titles for recordings initiated from the IceTV Web pages, but it is present (but can be manually edited out) in the recording names for manual recordings and AutoTimers on the T3.

I personally don't like the way it was done in the T series IceTV plugin, but forum opinion appears to be against me.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

rfmoore

Re Reply#16 how do I get the beta release mentioned i.e.2015-09-02?368

scotty

Quote from: rfmoore on September 25, 2015, 02:23:25 PM
Re Reply#16 how do I get the beta release mentioned i.e.2015-09-02?368
Hi rfmoore,

If you're running the latest public release (2015-08-31) go to the Public Beta section on the Beyonwiz forum, follow the instructions on how to switch to the live beta software feed then do an online update: http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

Scotty

Dave at IceTV

Okay, this time custom repeat flags are working for T series Beyonwizes (and the Skippa although it correctly shows real Repeat icons).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

scotty

Awesome! Thanks Dave. Just noticed they started coming through.

Scotty

Trial_Master

Dumb question but why do we need a custom repeat flag? If I tell Ice I only want first runs it doesn't send timers if it's a repeat in guide. I still have a DP-P2 my T4 arrives next week so apologises for the question.

scotty

Quote from: Trial_Master on October 18, 2015, 02:36:55 PM
Dumb question but why do we need a custom repeat flag? If I tell Ice I only want first runs it doesn't send timers if it's a repeat in guide. I still have a DP-P2 my T4 arrives next week so apologises for the question.
The custom repeat flag allows you to see which shows are repeats when you're looking at the EPG on your device.

Scotty

Trial_Master

Thanks Scotty. If you're not intending on running beta firmware on T4 should I be enabling this feature on Ice?

scotty

Quote from: Trial_Master on October 18, 2015, 02:45:22 PM
Thanks Scotty. If you're not intending on running beta firmware on T4 should I be enabling this feature on Ice?
Yes. The repeat flag that was added in the beta was removed shortly after in a beta update when IceTV enable the feature. So either using the beta or standard release will need to use Ice's custom repeat flag if you want that info displayed.

Scotty

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: scotty on October 18, 2015, 02:41:00 PM
Quote from: Trial_Master on October 18, 2015, 02:36:55 PM
The custom repeat flag allows you to see which shows are repeats when you're looking at the EPG on your device.

I also find it handy to see which timers on the PVR and which recordings on the hard drive are repeats (obviously when I am recording repeats or recording new shows and repeats).

For recorders like the Beyonwiz DP series and FV-L1 PVRs you want the custom repeat flag added to the title - as they don't show the sub-title or description in the timer list or file list. You can press the i button in the file list but it's much easier if [Rpt] is in the title. If you use WizFX to transfer recordings to a PC you should not use ( or ) or those files won't show up in WizFX. i.e. Use [Rpt] and don't use (Rpt)

For recorders that automatically put recordings into folders/directories grouped by title having [Rpt] at the end of the title on repeats puts those repeat episodes into their own folder (which will be sorted directly below or above the folder of new episodes of that series). If you want all episodes of a series stored in the same folder set the custom repeat flag to add [Rpt] to the sub-title and not the title.

• For some PVRs I use [Rpt] at the 'end of the title'.
  • For other PVRs I use [Rpt] at the 'beginning of the sub-title'.
It just depends on what info each PVR shows in the timer list and file list, and how cluttered their EPG layout is.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Trial_Master

Thanks for the detailed explanation Dave. What is the preference for the T4? I think I might start using this feature.

prl

Quote from: Trial_Master on October 18, 2015, 04:03:19 PM
Thanks for the detailed explanation Dave. What is the preference for the T4? I think I might start using this feature.
Not Dave, but anyway...

On the T4 (Beyonwiz T series generally, in fact), if you mainly want to see repeat information in the graphical EPG, I suggest using '[R]' in the Title, then you have the information for all programs visible in the EPG. Then it's a tradeoff about putting it at the start or end. If you put it at the start, you are likely to lose part of the title for shows with a short timeslot. If you put it at the end, the repeat flagging may be lost on programs with short timeslots. If you use repeat flagging on the title, it will also show up for all visible items in your lists of recordings in the Movie Player.

If you add the tag to the Subtitle or Description, you'll only see it in EPGs when the program is selected, and screens vary as to which they show. Many show both. In the Graphical EPG with PiG, the Description is often cut off at the end, so either end of the Subtitle or the start of the Description would be good.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Trial_Master

Thanks Peter I'll fiddle around with those suggestions when I'm setting up device, hopefully tomorrow.

prl

No problem. I think it's one of those things where there's no "right" answer. Just as well IceTV made it flexible.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use