Elephant in the Room?

Started by Paul55, October 11, 2015, 10:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gas667

QuoteSome other forums are getting carried away with the 'poor me' crew venting their spleens and working themselves into a frenzy with their narrow, self absorbed rants.
Keyboard mob behaviour at its most frustrating.

As one of the speen venting forum members I can assure you I will not deal with a company that keeps breaking promises, that takes your money and either doesn't deliver at all or delivers a device with so many problems, mine rebooted twice last night after just changing channels, that won't get fixed and then goes into administration, sets up a new company and asks for more money with more promises. Fool me once shame on you but fool me twice....They are well past twice.

I want the EPG to continue and I want the support staff back but not at any cost. As to wanting vengeance shouldn't there be some penalty for losing staff entitlements and customers money? We don't know yet if staff were paid all their entitlements. I think I read they had 16 employees and I think the limit for redundancy is 15 so they may be entitled to that as well. Supposing, just supposing, they didn't. Could you still support them wiping that debt and re-starting pretty much the same business?

So there is a bit of poor me as I have a $400 brick sitting under my TV. Yeah it kind of works at the moment but, by the look of the guide, it will only sorta work until Sunday. I don't like spending that type of money on a brick.

It's also a bit of stupid me as the signs were there that this was a definite possibility and as each week passed it became more inevitable. Hindsight's a bitch. So i'm more annoyed at myself for being so close to pulling the plug in early September and not doing it.

But mostly it's just a sense of fair play. I can't support a company that wipes debt to both staff and customers and then wiggles back as the same company. So hopefully after the first creditors meeting we get more detail on what is owed to who and what, if any, the resurrection plans are. If the staff have been completely paid out and there is some plan to at least getting the Skippa working reasonably, and I don't care if they get rid of the Ad skip bit or a few other features to get it working consistently, I will probably change my mind. I wonder if none of this happened. If no entitlements are paid. Will you change yours or will your self absorbed wish for their EPG win the day.

Paul55

Quote from: gas667 on October 16, 2015, 09:25:58 AM
I want the EPG to continue and I want the support staff back but not at any cost.............So there is a bit of poor me as I have a $400 brick sitting under my TV. Yeah it kind of works at the moment but, by the look of the guide, it will only sorta work until Sunday. I don't like spending that type of money on a brick.

The only realistic possibility of your Skippa ever working is if the EPG business gets re-started.

As to wanting vengeance shouldn't there be some penalty for losing staff entitlements and customers money? We don't know yet if staff were paid all their entitlements

As you say - we don't know. The staff should be the angry ones if they don't get their entitlements. The rest of us should offer whatever support we can to the excellent IceTV staff - that may well be supporting a new company that will maintain their employment in an area where they hold an unusual skill set.

I agree that IceTV management have screwed up badly and ended up throwing good money after bad. They obviously thought/hoped they could trade their way out of trouble - and maybe they would if UEC hadn't pulled the plug. Oddly, this leaves UEC with a warehouse full of bricks - hard to see any benefit there.

The whole Skippa project was terrible - from inception to demise. But, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Dave at IceTV

cheers

Dave
Customer Service