Humax going crazy!

Started by pve, October 17, 2015, 09:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pve

I am also very pleased with the resurrection of Ice Tv  and to celebrate decided to check my latest schedule and make sure everything is up to date and correct. Well, from there  my Humax X 2 have gone CRAZY! and Ice TV is not travelling all that well either. In went to my account and clicked on resend all my recordings for my main Humax.From there it keeps turning on and off. Its like all hell has broken loose on my gear. What is going on? Am I doing something disastrous? Would love some advice here. I think I must be going crazy! Firstly my Humax 7500T is spontaneously resetting randomly and frequently. My schedule appears,disappears, reappears augmented with all schedules for both my recorders on the main recorder, disappears again.  And repeat. And repeat etc. HELP! PLEASE. Currently it is totally unstable and virtually unuseable. It is currently turning on and off about every 2-3 minutes and the schedule now appears empty every time.

Dave at IceTV

Hi pve,

Other customer's Humax PVRs are working fine so it's something peculiar to your home network. It's unlikely to be the Humax itself as you are having the issue on 2x Humax PVRs. It could be related to the new simulcast network nine channels that came online very recently. i.e. 91, 92 and 93 for Nine, GEM and GO!

See "Why does my Humax randomly restart when IceTV is enabled?"
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/21730198-Why-does-my-Humax-randomly-restart-when-IceTV-is-enabled

Certain network media server apps can also cause rebooting. Try disabling Content Sharing in the Network settings menu on the Humax to see if that is the cause.

Also make sure that each Humax has "Configure IP" set to DHCP.
1- Go to 'Settings > System > Internet Setting > Configure LAN (WiFi)' or 'Configure LAN' if using an Ethernet cable.
2- Set 'Configure IP' to DHCP.
3- Click on Apply.

If all else fails, reset and setup one of the Humax PVRs from scratch. If that solves it reset the other one too.
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/23235648-How-do-I-force-a-guide-update-on-the-Humax
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

pve

thank you Dave. All is well.