Missing Timers for older series

Started by TimC, October 05, 2015, 03:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimC

This one is pretty significant.
Since switching to the Skippa, all my historical data has disappeared.  You know, timers for all those older series that that aren't on at the moment but will be coming back, such as, NCIS, NCIS LA, Madam Secretary, etc.
I'm not all that concerned about series that are no longer being made. Its the ones that are still being made that concern me.
My guess is that now that you can set series recordings from the Skippa Ice TV is taking the Skippa's records as that's all there is. It even seems to be removing things from my other PVRs. I'm not talking about the stuff set up on the Skippa. It removes the series set up on the IPhone App and the Web.

I am now starting to regret switching to the Skippa.  Unless IceTV can provide a list from a few weeks ago, even with a bug fix, I am stuck with going back to weekly scans of all the programs to catch up all that I lost.   
:'( :'( :'(
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

IanL-S

This definitely should not be happening. I suggest contacting IceTV tech support ... quickest response probably via the www form:

https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webpage.cgi?op=show_contact

This has not happened to me. I think what might have happened is that when you set up the SKIPPA it did not correctly associate it with your existing IceTV account, or it may have found an old account that you no longer use. The latter happened with another user.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

TimC

I have already lodged are report with IceTV. It's not an account issue as I have only ever had one.
I have been told that the new firmware will fix the problem. Apparently it will fix many things.
I wonder what new bugs it will introduce.

Regardless, I think it is important that everyone knows that this bug is there so they can check their old timers.

I haven't seen anything in the other bug reports reporting it.

I always expected there would be a few issues from the start.
It is a new produce doing things that haven't been done before (e.g. setting Series Reordings directly from the PVR).
However this one hurts, as one of the most important things IceTV provides is that history. Over time I began to trust it.
I can't remember what all those old timers were.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)