Channel Scanning Bug

Started by TimC, October 01, 2015, 08:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimC

On setting up my Skippa for the first time I scanned the channels and blocked the channels I didn't want. There two channel 9s one for Brisbane and one for the Gold Coast. I then set some timers on my IPhone IceTV App.
The Timers came in OK, but the next morning, the Skippa had a password prompt on the screen and I found that pressing 9 seemed to attempt to change to the Blocked channel (Gold Coast). I also found that an expired timer for Channel 9 was showing in My Week. A little bit of fiddling revealed that I should have Disabled the channel rather than blocked it and I thought everything would be ok. Pressing 9 on the remote now brought up channel Nine ok.
When I got home from work I found another expired timer for channel 9. As an experiment I disabled channel Nine and enabled it again and waited for the next channel Nine timer and it worked fine, and has continued to work ever since.
I decided to do the same on all the channels I wanted just in case. 
I am not sure if it was a bug of a glitch while scanning, but I thought it was at least reporting.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Dave at IceTV

You needed to disable any duplicate channels, or channels with weak signals, as you did in the end.

• Blocking the channel just means it needs the Parental Controls PIN to view (called PG PIN).
  • Disabling the channel hides it from the whole system (guide, info, channel changing etc).

Any Shopping or Datacasting channels can also be disabled. You can also disable the Radio channels if you never watch them.

If you disable the simulcast channels it will also help reduce the number of channels in the guide. i.e. Disable either 2 or 21, and two of 7,70 and 71 (or 6, 60 and 61 for regional areas) and 1 or 12 for city areas.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

TimC

Yes I had already done as you suggested, however it doesn't explain why I needed to Disable and re-enable channel nine though.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: TimC on October 04, 2015, 11:13:05 PM
however it doesn't explain why I needed to Disable and re-enable channel nine though.

Just guessing but maybe it was related to the new simulcast channels from Nine.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service