My Wish list

Started by TimC, October 01, 2015, 07:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimC

I have been using my Skippa for a few days now and I am pretty happy with it, but a few things could be improved.

1. Better prompting is needed when stopping recordings and playbacks.
I haven't sat down and tried it out much, but last night we had several programs being recorded and were watching the playback another recorded program. When the playback finished, my wife hit the Stop button a few times thinking the PVR hadn't responded to the remote. The result was that a couple of the recordings were stopped. It seems that pushing the Stop button twice can stop a recording. I would suggest that when the "Do you want to stop" prompt comes up a different button (e.g. Ok) should be required to be pressed. Anything would be better than using the Stop button.

By the way, a workaround that I have found is to only end a playback with the exit button. I haven't pushed the envelope with it yet, but I would expect the Exit button would exit from the "Do you want to stop" prompt without ending the recording. I haven seen it come up yet, but I have been very careful to press the Exit button only once. 

2. Some indication of the programs currently being recorded is needed.
On finding that several recordings were stopped, the next task was to get them going again. The problem was that it was difficult to work out what was still being recorded. My Toppy shows a list of the programs being recorded when the Info button is presses twice.  It doesn't need to be the same, but something is needed.

3. The TV guide needs to show an indication for programs that are being recorded or have timers on them.
When the Info button didn't give me a list of the programs being recorded, my next action was to bring up the TV Guide the see what was on and what was being recorded. At first I thought that nothing was being recorded, but when I attempted to start a recording with the Red button I didn't see any indication on the guide, my initial thought was that I had failed and I pressed the red button again (Stopping the recording). Later I discovered the Info panel showed the Recording indication and I was able to work out what was going on. However the Recording/Timer indications need to be shown on the main guide so you can quickly scan across the channels to see what is set up for the night. Currently you need to click on each program to see what is happening.

Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

stretch4x4

Regarding number 3 have you got the latest firmware version (1.1.10579)?
Mine didn't auto grab it as early as it could of so I manually checked and grabbed it.

My skippa does have the same red (R) or yellow (SR) for recording and series recording in the info box and in the guide (both on the actual time slot and in the info box of the guide)

I know there was more info added to the guide in the last update so not sure if that was one of the changes..

And for number 2 if you go to the my recordings page the ones that are currently recording have the little red (R) on them if still recording.. Not sure if that is quite what you want in a current recordings list but that might be enough?

TimC

I haven't checked the firmware, but it was updated as soon as I started it and its set to auto-update.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

stretch4x4

Yup so was mine, the latest one was the second update / third firmware my device has had..

You can check in the menu, might be worth taking a look although I would hope by now it had done the extra update..

Although depending on when you first set yours up, it might have jumped straight over the first update I got..

IanL-S

PVRs tend to do a full OS download rather than patching the OS. Makes it easier if something goes wrong in a particular version, you can go back to prior version (providing you can find the download).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help