Major inconsistensies in Web site

Started by grampus, September 30, 2015, 12:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampus

Recently (past few days)  I have been seeing some strange displays on the web server.

I am in Melbourne using the Melb based EPG

I.E.  I had wire in the blood showing as being scheduled twice  as sent to the PVR (T3)  same channel same time, same description.
This was apparent 1/2 hour ago, but now has gone back to normal 1 show only.

Currently I have a number of shows showing with full red circle that I haven't scheduled myself.  Although they are full red circle, they have not been sent to the PVR.
All these I expect are somewhere in the area of DST changeover.  Just a thought.
The strange thing is that the times of a number of these span a series recording that has been scheduled via a series setting.  Underbelly.
Even stranger is that Underbelly does not show up as scheduled on the web site, but has shown up scheduled on my PVR. At 00:58 - 2:15 AM
This must have been sent from the Ice server.
On next tuesday morning, I see on the web site in "my week" the following.
12:10 AM Bargain Hunt  Ch72
12:55 AM The Avengers.  Ch 9
1:20 AM  Iron men  Ch ABC2
1:40 AM The tonight Show.  ABC 2

All these shows span the one that I set up:  Underbelly ch 9

Although they are filled red circles.  They haven't been sent to the PVR.
I have sent a support request to Ice, also tried to contact by phone.
Left a message. 

BeyonWiz, T3

prl

I'm seeing similar things in My Week on Sun 4 Oct and Mon 5 Oct. All on our in-use T4. No similar issues for our DP-Lite and DP-P2, which between themselves are recording the same things as the T4.

In particular:

Double series recording for:
Vera, ABC 20:30 Sun 4 Oct

Unexpected single recordings of:
The Border, 7TWO 17:30 Sun 4 Oct
Silent Witness, ABC 22:00 Sun 4 Oct
Best Houses Australia, 7TWO 22:45 Sun 4 Oct
A Touch of Frost, 7TWO 20:30 Mon 5 Oct
The Wonder of Dogs, SBS ONE 20:30 Mon 5 Oct
Hunters of the South Seas, SBS ONE 21:25 Mon 5 Oct
Q & A, ABC 21:25 Mon 5 Oct
Embarrassing Bodies, GEM 21:25 Mon 5 Oct
The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, ABC2 22:15 Mon 5 Oct
Salem, 22:30, SC Eleven Mon 5 Oct
Diaries of a Broken Mind, ABC2 23:00 Mon 5 Oct
Hannibal, Prime S, 23:45 Mon 5 Oct

Other oddities:
The DP-P2 has a series recording Command Center 'Eurotunnel' 16:30 7TWO, but the T4 has the same program being recorded at 23:15 7TWO.

The T4 should have a series recording for Escape to the Continent 21:30 7TWO Sun 4 Oct, but it's not shown in My Week for the T4.

The T4 should have a series recording for Doctor Who 19:40 ABC Sun 4 Oct, but it's not shown in My Week for the T4.

My Week for the T4 isn't showing any of the series recordings it should be recording on Mon 5 Oct:
60 Minute Makeover, 16:30 7TWO
Cities Of The Underworld, 19:30 7TWO
Cats Uncovered, 19:30 SBS ONE
Media Watch, 21:20 ABC

There's been a report on the Beyonwiz forum IceTV section that timers seem to be being set an hour out on Sun 4 Oct. I haven't checked my set timers, but it looks like that could be the cause of the problem I'm seeing on he Web page.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

I've now got similar issues for a recording on the T4 for Tue 6 Oct; the T4 My Week has a single recording of Lip Service where it should have a series recording of Hollands Hoop.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

These problems appear to be being caused by the recording timers on the T4 being an hour later than they should be, e.g. Doctor Who at 20:40 (actual timer start time 20:35 because of padding) instead of 19:40.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grampus

Not so sure about my problems.  They all are being seen on the web site.

I just had a curious result, differences between the Ipad Ice App, and the web site.
There were 2 separate timers that this occurred on.
I havent really attacked all the other erroneous timers.
But.
I was going to remove Vera and Silk.  Both of which I had never set.
I went to the Ipad, "my week"  pressed on either one, both gave the same results.
Although they showed a single red full circle, as if the had been sent to the PVR, they didn't present me with an option to delete the timer.
They weren't present in my timer list on the PVR.

I then went to the PC, and on to the "my week" on the web site.
Showed full red circle, was able to select these and be presented with the option to remove the timer. 
Did that, and the timer is now removed from the web service.  Not seen on the Ipad app as well.
It was as if I was connected to two different servers.

I think that that's kinda strange and must be pointing to something that has gone amiss on the web site.

But my thoughts still go towards something occurring with DST at the server.

I have at least 6 timers present in the web site, presenting as if they have been sent to the PVR, that aren't on the PVR in any shape or different form.

I also have a couple of the timers that are set in the PVR that when I select them, show totally different description to the show that is scheduled.
BeyonWiz, T3

simoncasey

Hi Grampus, aren't all of your problems explained by a DST issue?
ie from Sunday all IceTV recordings are being set 1 hour too late. This means that what appears on your BW is a recording with the correct name in the timer but the timer is 1 hr+ so on the epg, it shows that it is recording those shows that are on an hour later. In some cases this may create an overlap if the original recording is more than an hour but will often end up showing multiple extra recordings in the epg.

The BW is then sending those 1 hour later shows back to IceTV which are then appearing as single recordings back on IceTV.

I'm not sure where the problem is occurring but its unlikely that you can fix it yourself at the moment without a system fix.

If we cant work out what is causing the problem and get it fixed by Sunday, I think the only other option is to wait for Sunday and the clocks to change when either:
a) it will sort itself out
b) we have to resend all recordings once we are in the right DST.

Its annoying as the clock change in April went without a hitch.

JPP

Just had my first encounter with the current issue.

Received an email to alert failure to set a recording on my Toppy 2400. But, it is the ONLY recording set for that night (Sunday SBS, The Seventies SD Only at 8:35pm). I don't think it has anything to do with DLS changeover as shows for Monday all show full circle on the Web. Tuesday's are all doughnuts at the moment.

Note that the Toppy does NOT show the timer, so in that respect it's (the error message saying that the timer failed to be set) working as it should.

I tried to Update the timer, but got the same error triangle. I next deleted it and then set it again. This time it stuck and is currently showing as a series doughnut.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

grampus

And again another curious display.
Seen on both my iPad app, and on the website.
Under the TV guide, trying to select a day.
The selections that I am presented with is
NOW
TOMORROW
Friday
Saturday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday.
The interested observer will notice that Sunday is missing.

BeyonWiz, T3

simoncasey

Quote from: grampus on September 30, 2015, 11:42:00 PM
And again another curious display.
Seen on both my iPad app, and on the website.
Under the TV guide, trying to select a day.
The selections that I am presented with is
NOW
TOMORROW
Friday
Saturday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday.
The interested observer will notice that Sunday is missing.

I'm seeing something similar on the iPhone app. I'm getting all of the days OK at the moment but when I select Now or any day, it gives me the guide for ~12 hours earlier as if there is a timezone or am/pm issue.

grampus

Hopefully all will be removed after DST changeover.
Twould be nice to get a response from Ice.
Either here or via the case that I started a few days ago.
BeyonWiz, T3

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Guys,

I am looking into this one now and will have more information for you shortly (of course when I say now, I mean all morning...  ;D )
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

On the Beyonwiz T4, the IceTV timer for Doctor Who (ABC online guide 19:42 4 Oct) using ACT guide and 5 min pre-padding on timers:

Unix timestamp: 1443951300
UTC time: Sun Oct  4 09:35:00 2015
ACT local time: Sun Oct  4 20:35:00 2015 (Eastern Daylight time) == 19:35 Eastern Standard time.

Doctor Who EPG time:
2015-10-04T08:40:00+00:00 (UTC) == 19:30 Eastern Daylight time

The timer timestamp is wrong. The EPG timestamp is correct.

Added: Hi Daniel. Our posts crossed. I hope the above info helps.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update, I have just pushed live a fix for this issue. Any future timers will be ok and I am now looking at a way to fix the current timers that are showing incorrectly.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

grampus

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on October 01, 2015, 03:32:28 PM
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update, I have just pushed live a fix for this issue. Any future timers will be ok and I am now looking at a way to fix the current timers that are showing incorrectly.
Fantastic, thanks for the update
BeyonWiz, T3

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We are in the process of rescheduling everyone's affected series recordings, after the next update things should be looking a lot better on the T2/T3/T4.

Please let me know if there are any further problems.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.