Recording Favourites

Started by Carljh, September 27, 2015, 10:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carljh

This is probably not a Skippa related problem, but as a newbie to IceTV, I know that there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this Forum.  One of the things that attracted me to IceTV was the fact that the EPG picked up shows that were not currently showing in a Favourites list, even if they changed channels (one thing the TiVo couldn't do).  I have an extensive list that I set up as Favourites and once I had my Skippa set up, set most up to record including the shows that are not on air currently.  However, I can't find anywhere that shows that they have been saved to record when they come back on air even in my Favourites folder where it still lists the option for setting to record.  Is there a way to find out if these shows are registered to record?

The other recording problem I have is that one show I have set up as a series recording and is on most week nights, is only showing Tuesday evening as set to record, the rest of the week has yellow triangles with the message 'There was an error scheduling this show to device SKIPPA. This show is part of a series recording.'  I have tried cancelling the series and resetting it, but the same thing happens.

IanL-S

On the yellow error triagle:

One possibility could be that there a conflict (not enough 'slots' to accommodate the recording) or overlapping recordings are scheduled on more than 3 networks.

Another possibility is that IceTV is have problems updating the start time and/or duration of the program.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Carljh

Thanks for the quick reply, Ian.  There are no other programs set to record at the same time so it would appear that it is a problem at the IceTV end.  In this circumstance, if IceTV sort the problem out, will it automatically correct itself or do I have to reset the recording?

Thank you also for setting the Wiki site, will be great when it is up and running.

IanL-S

You have to tell IceTV interactive to resend the timer; you click on the timer and one of the options will be to resend timer or, for series recording, update series or some such.

Ian

With the SKIPPA you may be able to update the timer on the SKIPPA itself, not sure have not looked that closely at the options.
(Interesting typo there ... KIPPA rather than SKIPPA .... noticed it just after I save the post  :-[  :-[
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help