iOS 9 bug ?

Started by franklinoffner, September 20, 2015, 08:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franklinoffner

Despite doing app reset, etc after iOS 9 upgrade, the TV guide opens at the wrong time. That is, several hours in the past.  Very annoying.  This morning the penny dropped.  With the "Now" setting is opening at the UTC time.  As I sit here this morning, 8 am Sunday  in Sydney, the guide opens at 11 pm Saturday, which is the time in London.

Is it just me?

Alan

Ah yes, this is ver 2.22 on an ipad air2 in case it is relevant.
Alan
BeyonWiz T4, BeyonWiz U4.

bodogbodog

Just tried it on my iPhone 6 with iOS 9 - no problems for me - it goes to the current time window when I go to the TV Guide
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

IanL-S

I'm getting 6.00 pm Sunday when it is about 1.20 pm? I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 9.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

franklinoffner

So I just tried a delete the app and reload with no change.  The app is consistently showing 10 pm as the "day" start time.  I withdraw my UTC suspicion, that was simple coincidence.  However, some simple playing around has revealed a consistent 1 day offset, pick Tuesday as the time in the guide and it displays 10 pm Monday, so the App knows the date and time, it looks like the db query is up the creek.

Weird that it is OK for some users.
Alan

csutak40

I rarely use the app (can't even remember the last time I looked), so not sure if I'm doing something wrong..  When I click on "now" the list starts at 1am.  However I suspect this may be last night as I can't find the programs listed
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

nis200sx

I don't have Apple products but I'm just curious, are those having a problem with the app using 24 hour time mode on the phone and those not having a problem using AM/PM time mode? Or vice versa?

Does the IceTV iPhone app have a 12/24 hour time mode setting?

Or it could be that the app expects the week to start on Sunday, while the phone is set for the week to start on Monday. In which case the work around (until the app is fixed) should be to set your iPhone to use UK as the International Region format when set to AM/PM time.
Dave

csutak40

Quote from: nis200sx on September 20, 2015, 05:27:45 PM
I don't have Apple products but I'm just curious, are those having a problem with the app using 24 hour time mode on the phone and those not having a problem using AM/PM time mode? Or vice versa?

Or it could be that the app expects the week to start on Sunday, while the phone is set for the week to start on Monday. In which case the work around (until the app is fixed) should be to set your iPhone to use UK as the International Region format when set to AM/PM time.
I just had a look.  I haven't noticed that, apparently, it has changed it's settings (the iPhone) from my  normal 24hour clock to am/pm setting.  So, I just changed it and tried again.  I still seem to be showing shows from last night (I can scroll down and see shows up to 9.30pm (the IceTV app has changed to 24 hour clock, when I changed the iPhone's setting)

So, I am not sure, is this correct the way it should be?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

nis200sx

Quote from: csutak40 on September 20, 2015, 08:10:28 PM
Quote from: nis200sx on September 20, 2015, 05:27:45 PM

I just had a look.  I haven't noticed that, apparently, it has changed it's settings (the iPhone) from my  normal 24hour clock to am/pm setting.  So, I just changed it and tried again.  I still seem to be showing shows from last night (I can scroll down and see shows up to 9.30pm (the IceTV app has changed to 24 hour clock, when I changed the iPhone's setting)

So, I am not sure, is this correct the way it should be?

You might need to reset the app from it's settings menu to force it to refresh the guide.
Dave

franklinoffner

Must have been some sever side issue as its come good now.
Alan

rfmoore

Just completed update to IOS 9.1 on IPhone 6 and app starts 13hrs early i.e. time in Adelaide 25 Sep 1.00PM app shows the fist program on ABC as REV  (2010) at 25 Sep 12.00AM. Moving down the screen it does show the presently running program as the Antiques Roadshow starting at 1.00 PM which is correct.

Leon K

Hey Everyone,

After updating to iOS9 please reset the app and it should load into NOW again as usual:

To reset the app:

1. Load the IceTV app.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Tap on "Reset Application".
4. Tap "Yes" at the "Are you sure" popup.
5. The IceTV app will now re-download it's local data.