Nice present from IceTV

Started by prl, August 15, 2015, 02:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortical

Series recording on multiple devices is not possible as far as I'm aware.

I've edited my earlier post to avoid confusion.

IanL-S

Quote from: Vortical on August 22, 2015, 10:27:58 AM
Very interesting, there is just one problem though if I wanted to record the same series recording on multiple pvr's it's not possible, is that going to change?

I have been doing this for several years. I have 2  x TF7100+ (used to record programs on ABC, SBS and Ten) and 2 x TRF-2400 (used to record programs on Nine and Seven). When you schedule series recordings via IceTV inteactive www page you have to specify the device, and you can only specify one. But you can change device and then schedule another series recording for the same series.

It is rather messy doing this with the iOS or Android app.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Vortical

Well you learn something new everyday

i thought it was tied to one device only as we couldn't select multiple pvr's on the one series recording.

thanks for the workaround, although it would be easier to manage if it was done as one series recording and picking multiple pvr's rather than creating duplicate series recordings.

bodogbodog

Quote from: Vortical on August 22, 2015, 12:05:55 PM
thanks for the workaround, although it would be easier to manage if it was done as one series recording and picking multiple pvr's rather than creating duplicate series recordings.
It's not a work around - it just works - being able to schedule the same series on two different IceTV enabled devices has been possible forever - it's not difficult to setup at all
I don't think its an issue to go in and schedule it on each device separately - it seems what you are asking for is to be able to do it from one setup process - I'm not sure how much real demand there would be from the user community for that functionality
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

prl

I've found using the Android app and the My Series web pages to do it is very flaky indeed.

Adding a recording on a second device by using Schedule New Recording from a series' entry in My Week has always worked well for me.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

If you want all recordings to be mirrored on a second device, then you can probably log them in to IceTV as the same device. I have done this accidentally and it seem to work (at least in the short term).

Initially I thought they should be identical devices, but I think I have accidentally set 7100+ with the device name for one of my 2400s.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on August 22, 2015, 03:44:48 PM
If you want all recordings to be mirrored on a second device, then you can probably log them in to IceTV as the same device. I have done this accidentally and it seem to work (at least in the short term).

Initially I thought they should be identical devices, but I think I have accidentally set 7100+ with the device name for one of my 2400s.

Ian

If you set 2 recorders to use the same device in your account your recordings can (seemingly randomly) end up with some scheduled on one recorder and others scheduled on the other recorder. You won't get the same shows scheduled on both recorders (unless you resent all recordings and the first recorder to do a fetch had no schedules set yet). Whichever recorder does a fetch first would get all of the queued schedules.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on August 22, 2015, 02:09:17 PM
I've found using the Android app and the My Series web pages to do it is very flaky indeed.

Trying to duplicate a schedule to a 2nd device on the Android app results in the series being 'moved' to the other device or deleted altogether (can't remember exactly but the result is unexpected).

Quote from: prl on August 22, 2015, 02:09:17 PM
Adding a recording on a second device by using Schedule New Recording from a series' entry in My Week has always worked well for me.

TV Guide or My Week on the website are the only way you can do it now.

The website update (18 months ago) broke the ability to set the same series for a 2nd device from My Series. Now if you click on a series and click on 'Schedule New Recording' nothing happens. The link is broken.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Leon K

Hi All,

We have updated the website and you can once again schedule new recordings from My Series, which would generally be the fastest way to schedule existing series onto another device(s).

On the Android App the way to do this is via My Week -> Record show or Series on different device.

We are updating the Android app to fix the problem of the scheduled device being changed instead of added when doing this via Manage Shows (soon to be My Series too).

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing