Anyone received a Skippa yet?

Started by kavey8, August 27, 2015, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Likkie

Quote from: gas667 on September 17, 2015, 01:59:15 PM

The invoice numbers work out for my order as well. It would appear you are in the top few.

And your invoice number and queue place are?

My invoice number os 200817 which would mean, if we are surmising correctly, I'm about 22nd in the queue.

I don't think very many people could have order before the 12:02.46 cut off time if my order is 22nd at 12:08.

rpoppes

Quote from: IanL-S on September 17, 2015, 02:12:47 PM
On Tuesday evening I was provided with the following information:

"We are still expecting the tracking numbers for this entire mass shipment of Skippas to be to sent to consumers this week and customers to start receiving their Skippas a couple of days later (depending on where they are located)."

Not sure what this really means. Presumably tracking numbers will not be sent before the units are prepared for delivery. So, it may be we get the tracking numbers Friday night and first deliveries are not until early next week.

Ian

Don't be disappointed for a Friday afternoon email. (insert "bursting bubble") 8)

bodogbodog

Quote from: rpoppes on September 17, 2015, 02:18:23 PM
Don't be disappointed for a Friday afternoon email. (insert "bursting bubble") 8)
This post made by Dave from IceTV at 2.37pm on another thread resets expectations - http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/skippa/44/skippa-pre-order/4483/msg22415#msg22415
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

gas667

Quote from: Likkie on September 17, 2015, 02:16:13 PM
Quote from: gas667 on September 17, 2015, 01:59:15 PM

The invoice numbers work out for my order as well. It would appear you are in the top few.

And your invoice number and queue place are?

My invoice number os 200817 which would mean, if we are surmising correctly, I'm about 22nd in the queue.

I don't think very many people could have order before the 12:02.46 cut off time if my order is 22nd at 12:08.

Invoice 201241 and Icetv told me I was order 447. I ordered mine about 3 days after pre-orders opened.

It would appear that 200796 was the first order (or there about). This is supported by CuriousGeorge whose invoice is 201070 and was told he was in place 275 in the queue.  Mine is out by 1 but that would probably be an order for something else not a Skippa.

So that would mean you are very low in the queue. It's not a great deal of info to go on though.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else has been given a queue number and what their invoice number is to see if this theory holds. If it does it would mean Icetv hasn't been fully truthful with order numbers and then if not with that what else?  :-\

Doesn't really add much to the lack of communication and where are they arguments though. September 17th and no sign of Skippa. 8)

I wish my TIVO had held on for another couple of months. :(

rpoppes

Quote from: bodogbodog on September 17, 2015, 02:55:11 PM
Quote from: rpoppes on September 17, 2015, 02:18:23 PM
This post made by Dave from IceTV at 2.37pm on another thread resets expectations - http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/skippa/44/skippa-pre-order/4483/msg22415#msg22415
---snip---
The first big shipment of Skippas left the factory on Monday and is expected to arrive at the Sydney warehouse today, tomorrow, or Monday and be posted ASAP
---end snip---

That is not resetting expectations. It's just guessing. And this is just the first shipment.
The other shipment is apparently a week after that. That's shipment, meaning ship is filled and leaving dock.....hmmmm based on history it's going to be a long wait.
Hope I'm wrong.

IanL-S

On the basis of the wording used I am 90% confident that the first shipment has landed at Sydney airport. The uncertainty is over how long it will take for them to reach the warehouse (something that may well be outside the control of IceTV).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

rpoppes

Quote from: IanL-S on September 17, 2015, 04:40:59 PM
On the basis of the wording used I am 90% confident that the first shipment has landed at Sydney airport. The uncertainty is over how long it will take for them to reach the warehouse (something that may well be outside the control of IceTV).

Ian

What has been in their control if I may be a smart-ar*e  :P
Ah their communication and promises: Got it.  ::)

CuriousGeorge

Quote from: Mantorok on September 17, 2015, 11:41:56 AM
Perhaps CuriousGeorge was told he was 275th in the queue of outstanding orders.  ie.  Not where he was in the queue of all orders (including those small amount that have now been fulfilled).

This is what I received:

Dave (IceTV Customer Support)

Aug 26, 2:20 PM

Hi George,

Thank you for contacting IceTV Customer Service

It looks like only a small quantity have been shipped from the manufacturer with the remainder coming a week later. I don't how many are arriving this week until they get here. If it's more than 280 yours will be sent to you by Monday (your order was the 275th).

Best Regards,

Dave
IceTV Support Team

I'm guessing the small amount shipped are the testing devices that were shown in a photo. I'm wondering if Centrebet will take bets on another Friday delay email coming out - i'm guessing odds would be 1.04 if they could take them.......

Naffnick

Received my Tracking number from Aust Post yesterday and just now another email saying my Skippa is due for delivery today. Too bad I won't be at home to receive it, so hopefully will be able to pick it up at the PO this afternoon. Will post again once I have it in my hot little hands!

IanL-S

Quote from: Naffnick on September 23, 2015, 08:07:08 AM
Received my Tracking number from Aust Post yesterday and just now another email saying my Skippa is due for delivery today. Too bad I won't be at home to receive it, so hopefully will be able to pick it up at the PO this afternoon. Will post again once I have it in my hot little hands!

You must be in Sydney. The only advice I have has is that the item is at Australia Post facility CHULLORA NSW; that was 22:15 last night and nothing more. Estimated delivery is Friday.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

stretch4x4

bodogbodog

There's a post over on Whirlpool with photos of the Skippa they received today @ http://whrl.pl/ReppW7
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

gas667

Quote from: bodogbodog on September 23, 2015, 09:26:08 AM
There's a post over on Whirlpool with photos of the Skippa they received today @ http://whrl.pl/ReppW7

The first Skippa in the wild and he is claiming it has dents and the front panel has come lose from the frame. Not a great start.

http://whrl.pl/ReppdY

russell2200