Anyone received a Skippa yet?

Started by kavey8, August 27, 2015, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celicasx

Quote from: bridjee on September 10, 2015, 07:42:34 PM
Quote from: IanL-S on September 10, 2015, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: EdQld on September 10, 2015, 01:05:35 PM
At least they have not sent out an email saying there has been a further delay in delivery.

Ian

QuoteLOL - No that will only arrive late Friday  :(

That is just cruel ....  :-[

Ian

Should we place bets?   ;)  Tomorrow is two weeks from Heinz' email and still no confirmed sightings of Skippa in the wild across multiple forums.

Right on schedule, here comes the email!

monksy

I thought the unit where going to be shipped via Air to us the customers - Look at the "How long will the delivery of my order take?" webpage, all the delivery times look to be road freight. I living in regional Western Australia and it's going to take 7-9 days which is road freight. I have found these words in a older email date 31st of July : "SKIPPA production will be in full swing by mid-August and we will air-freight your SKIPPAs to avoid any further delay."

warkus

Whilst it is open to interpretation, and is a little ambiguous - it does refer to the skippas being delivered from the OEM (manufacturer) to ICETV, not the customer...

hoadie

To be honest I think it's a bit insulting getting an email from IceTV today telling me units are now shipping and I can click on ORDER NOW to place my order when I still haven't received an ETA on when the pre-order I placed and paid for back in May!

And yes, I may have saved $100 (if I ever receive the unit), someone else has benefited on the payments taken on our pre-orders...

monksy

I love the timing of the emails - Always around 5pm east coast time on Friday

Vortical

Considering all the delays i would have thought iceTV would be shipping the skippas express post.

Looking at the delivery timeframes from the link in the email it looks like it's just standard parcel post.

IanL-S

Quote from: warkus on September 11, 2015, 05:05:09 PM
Whilst it is open to interpretation, and is a little ambiguous - it does refer to the skippas being delivered from the OEM (manufacturer) to ICETV, not the customer...

That too was my understanding.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

IanL-S

Quote from: Vortical on September 12, 2015, 02:37:49 AM
Considering all the delays i would have thought iceTV would be shipping the skippas express post.

Looking at the delivery timeframes from the link in the email it looks like it's just standard parcel post.

The link is to their standard delivery times:
"Andy
posted this on July 22, 2011, 11:32 AM"

and has not been updated for 4 years.

In my experience the delivery is much quicker than the listing indicates.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

warkus

That's for sure Ian, those times must be the absolute maximums...

Perth 6 to 8 days is not true. Most times if a parcel is sent out Monday from Sydney I'll have it before Friday. And vice versa...

Perhaps it also includes weekends as we all know Aust post doesn't include those in their delivery times, they state delivery to Perth as 3-5 business days from the east coast metro to metro, so if you add a weekend into that it can be 7 days total so pretty close to ICETVs timeframes.

Mark

Vortical

Quote from: warkus on September 12, 2015, 09:32:59 AM
That's for sure Ian, those times must be the absolute maximums...

Perth 6 to 8 days is not true. Most times if a parcel is sent out Monday from Sydney I'll have it before Friday. And vice versa...

Perhaps it also includes weekends as we all know Aust post doesn't include those in their delivery times, they state delivery to Perth as 3-5 business days from the east coast metro to metro, so if you add a weekend into that it can be 7 days total so pretty close to ICETVs timeframes.

Mark

Lol I can get stuff from Amazon UK to Perth in 6 days.
Auspost and most other Aussie couriers are hopelessly slow.

IanL-S

If I'm lucky I get next day delivery by Aust Post Courier and StarTrack for items sent from Sydney. Aust Post eParcels are usually 2 days (but sometimes only 1).

As far as I can remember all 4 itmes I purchased from IceTV arrived the following day.

Ian

Ah. The advantages of living in Melbourne.
Synology NAS

nis200sx

Those delivery timeframes were written years ago and would include a weekend (or two, if it's more than 7 days). Most products purchased from IceTV are drop-shipped from the distributor and one of the distributors only had courier pickups twice per week when that page was written.
Dave

monksy

Has anyone received a Skippa yet or at least the shipping notification? I know I'm one of the last 1000 but hear nothing yet.

gas667

Quote from: monksy on September 16, 2015, 01:05:22 PM
Has anyone received a Skippa yet or at least the shipping notification? I know I'm one of the last 1000 but hear nothing yet.

Nothing yet. My order is about 450th so may not be in the first (or is it the 2nd) delivery batch.

FMB

Quote from: monksy on September 16, 2015, 01:05:22 PM

Nothing yet and I'm one of the early ones (I believe). Here's where I think the process is currently at (but it's just a guess).
The last we heard, they had arrived by plane in one country and had to be transferred to another plane for the rest of the journey. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we received an e-mail on Friday telling us that the second aircraft had mechanical problems. Due to local customs requirements, the shipment could not be removed from the aircraft to another aircraft.

The airline contacted Boeing who are out of stock of the damaged part. They have ordered more parts from their OEM and they are currently in a queue, awaiting production (assuming they don't get bumped for a larger order). Once the part is made, it will be shipped to Boeing in Seattle who have added extra staff to expedite delivery of the part to the country in question. Once received and fitted to the aircraft, the Skippa shipment will continue on it's way to Oz.

So, it looks like IceTV were right about delivery at the end of July. They just forgot to specify the year.