Anyone received a Skippa yet?

Started by kavey8, August 27, 2015, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warkus

Mine is invoice 201163 and I ordered on the 25th as well, but admittedly very late, nearly midnight I think, as I didn't get home till very late that day...

So they definitely took a lot of orders that's for sure, it would seem so anyway...

Am currently playing with my Altech 9600T that will eventually be my backup unit when the Skippa arrives.

Mark

goulst48

My invoice - sent to me at 12:05pm on 25 May - is numbered 200802, so I guess I may be lucky (?) and be in the first batch.  Still not happy with the way it's been handled though.  Just looking forward to replacing my s**tbox Panasonic.

Jeremy
Skippa owner, any day now.....

csutak40

Quote from: rpoppes on August 28, 2015, 11:10:15 AM

Heinz Herrmann, CEO

How exiting!   We got to hear from Heinz!   :o Well, not here, on the Forum, the last time we saw him here was 3/3/15, but better than nothing  8)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

Quote from: payandwait on August 28, 2015, 12:21:27 PM
oh ye dave from customer support.
provides useless info.
he doesn't have access to the shipping company records.
does he have access to a phone to ring them and ask?????

I would guess that he, being an employee, says what he is told to say on this subject.
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: warkus on August 28, 2015, 02:58:26 PM

It is entirely possible that the manufacturer did in fact push the order back,
Mark

Yes, it is entirely possible, my problem not so much with the delay, but with the way we are being treated like mushrooms

For starters, they shouldn't have even put them on pre-sale until the unit was fully tested and the shipment (for at least the 1000, that they were offering) was en route to Australia.  That way, there wouldn't have been a problem.   It really does seem like kickstarter project.

Just had a thought, wonder where in the  queue the people are who won a Skippa, (was it four people?)  even before the pre-sale started?
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: rpoppes on August 28, 2015, 04:04:17 PM

But the whole point is the handling of the delay. As a consumer in good faith handing over money I should not have to care/worry where the product is designed, developed, manufactured, shipped from. That's the company's (who sells the product) responsibility. I deal with them and not with their manufacturer, because that's how the process works.

Why didn't they wait until they had 500 units (Randomly picked here) in stock knowing they were of the quality they expected.
Anyway I will end here as we can't do anything about it. Let's hope this is the last delay :-)

+100
Cheers,
Judy

IanL-S

Quote from: ColdasIce on August 29, 2015, 12:54:03 AM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 28, 2015, 02:52:41 PM
Quote from: CuriousGeorge on August 28, 2015, 01:12:49 PM
It looks like only a small quantity have been shipped from the manufacturer with the remainder coming a week later. I don't how many are arriving this week until they get here. If it's more than 280 yours will be sent to you by Monday (your order was the 275th). As stated above I purchased on the 25th June.

Correction George. You ordered on the 25th of May.

I assume that was a typo on your part because you couldn't have forgotten that you ordered on the day that pre-ordering opened.

WOW out of three pages of customer angst aginst the latest delay the only official ICE reply is to pick on someone for making a mistake, nice one Dave  ::)

I do not believe Dave was picking on anyone. He was merely minimising the potential confusion arising from stating the order was made in June rather than August May.

Ian
Edit comment: I too cannot get my months correct.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Coopsp

Yes seems like the way Ice have been dealing with people is very poor to say the least. And getting the email on Friday from the boss well little late i would say. Clearly the need to let people know when the are getting them and stick to it and not keep feeding us mushroom food.

injidup

I got mine today! Can't wait until I get home!

FMB

Quote from: injidup on September 02, 2015, 03:37:57 PM

Lucky you. I got told I'm not in the first batch, despite the fact that I ordered mine the moment pre-orders opened. Dave told me the initial delivery was only in the "double digits".

bodogbodog

We'll all await your comments and feedback
We will have to enjoy it vicariously through you  ;D
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

EdQld

Did you get an email notice before you got your Skippa, that it was on it's way?

Vortical

Did it come via Australia Post or another Courier?

stretch4x4

Very Jealous! I was hoping mine might come this week but I haven't seen any emails or packages..
My order was just under 200800..
Would be excellent if it shows up tomorrow!

EdQld

Quote from: stretch4x4 on September 03, 2015, 07:39:45 PM
Very Jealous! I was hoping mine might come this week but I haven't seen any emails or packages..
My order was just under 200800..
Would be excellent if it shows up tomorrow!

LOL - mine was 200810 and alas, I have not seen Skippa either   :'(