Anyone received a Skippa yet?

Started by kavey8, August 27, 2015, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridjee

if they only sold 280 units in the first month, could that mean that they haven't sold the first 1000 units yet?

bought mine on the first of June so would be interested in how many they sold the first week.

gas667

Quote from: CuriousGeorge on August 28, 2015, 01:12:49 PM
For everyone's benefit I received the following from Dave yesterday:

It looks like only a small quantity have been shipped from the manufacturer with the remainder coming a week later. I don't how many are arriving this week until they get here. If it's more than 280 yours will be sent to you by Monday (your order was the 275th). As stated above I purchased on the 25th June.

I was interested in why my order was 165 units behind the order above when I ordered it a month earlier on May 27th and Dave from Icetv states that the above order was placed on May 25th not June 25th. So they sold at least 450 units in the first 3 days.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: CuriousGeorge on August 28, 2015, 01:12:49 PM
It looks like only a small quantity have been shipped from the manufacturer with the remainder coming a week later. I don't how many are arriving this week until they get here. If it's more than 280 yours will be sent to you by Monday (your order was the 275th). As stated above I purchased on the 25th June.

Correction George. You ordered on the 25th of May.

I assume that was a typo on your part because you couldn't have forgotten that you ordered on the day that pre-ordering opened.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

warkus

Whilst I don't wish to get involved in the arguments and ongoing niggling going on in this thread, preferring to stay neutral now and just wait...

I will say this...

Altech-UEC who are apparently making the Skippa, have so far manufactured over 25 million PVR units world wide, they are no small manufacturer.

It is in fact very true that Australia's market is small compared to the rest of the world, that a quite well known point of agreement amongst many in the IT and electronics industry.

It is entirely possible that the manufacturer did in fact push the order back, as an order for 2000 skippas say for example vs an order for 50000 for company X in Europe – you can see that they they don't stand a chance...

This is commonly an issue with dealing with large OEM manufacturers overseas and is not specific to ICETV.

Now how this delay has been handled... Again as stated on whirlpool, I'm just not prepared to go into and debate, I'm not desperate for it so I'm happy waiting until it eventually surfaces, which considering I ordered on the 25th as well, may be a couple of weeks or may be next week, we shall see....

Mark

FMB

How are you people finding out where you are in the queue? I sent an e-mail to IceTV in reply to today's e-mail and haven't heard anything. I'd love to know where I stand.

I need this thing as soon as I can get it. I gave away my other PVR a month ago in anticipation of Skippa arriving and my TiVo is playing up something shocking.

CuriousGeorge

Sorry Dave - my bad it was the 25th May.....didnt mean to be misleading :) when I read Ian's post I checked the invoice as I thought I ordered in the first few days.

bridjee

Quote from: FMB on August 28, 2015, 03:27:24 PM
How are you people finding out where you are in the queue? I sent an e-mail to IceTV in reply to today's e-mail and haven't heard anything. I'd love to know where I stand.

I need this thing as soon as I can get it. I gave away my other PVR a month ago in anticipation of Skippa arriving and my TiVo is playing up something shocking.

I emailed icetv earlier and they replied back saying they "didn't have access to the logistics system" so they couldn't see where i was in the queue.   so i would be interested as well partial fulfillment worries me a bit....

FMB i was in the same situation and bought a 1TB for both my dead tivo's and resurrected them.   There are plenty of good tutorials on the web and the process is pretty simple.  Ping me if you need some links.

Stalky

"A small quantity of SKIPPAs® will be shipped next week to customers who placed their order first. From September 10 onwards, we will fulfill the remaining orders on a 'first come, first served' basis. This means that every customer will receive their ordered SKIPPA® in September."

Hmm, I hope this "small quantity" isn't the same small quantity that the staff and family have been playing (evaluating) with.

IanL-S

I also was wondering where the 'small quantity' was coming from. Three possibilities come to mind:

• they are recycling part of the pre-production run - unlikely as the logistics of doing so would be difficult, and substituting a used product for new one would I suspect be a breach of the Consumer Protection Law
  • that the OEM made some extra units as part of the pre-production run
  • that the OEM stated the production run then stopped it - unlikely as this would be both disruptive and potentially expensive thing to do

Another, related possibility (extremely unlikely given what we have been told) that the problem is getting the units into Australia in an expeditious manner rather than the manufacture.

I can understand that IceTV may find it difficult to inform all those with pre-orders of their exact position, however, once the number of units ready for despatch next week is know, they could give the invoice number for the cut-off point thereby reducing the uncertainty.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

rpoppes

Quote from: warkus on August 28, 2015, 02:58:26 PM
Whilst I don't wish to get involved in the arguments and ongoing niggling going on in this thread, preferring to stay neutral now and just wait...

I will say this...

Altech-UEC who are apparently making the Skippa, have so far manufactured over 25 million PVR units world wide, they are no small manufacturer.

It is in fact very true that Australia's market is small compared to the rest of the world, that a quite well known point of agreement amongst many in the IT and electronics industry.

It is entirely possible that the manufacturer did in fact push the order back, as an order for 2000 skippas say for example vs an order for 50000 for company X in Europe – you can see that they they don't stand a chance...

This is commonly an issue with dealing with large OEM manufacturers overseas and is not specific to ICETV.

Now how this delay has been handled... Again as stated on whirlpool, I'm just not prepared to go into and debate, I'm not desperate for it so I'm happy waiting until it eventually surfaces, which considering I ordered on the 25th as well, may be a couple of weeks or may be next week, we shall see....

Mark

But the whole point is the handling of the delay. As a consumer in good faith handing over money I should not have to care/worry where the product is designed, developed, manufactured, shipped from. That's the company's (who sells the product) responsibility. I deal with them and not with their manufacturer, because that's how the process works.

Why didn't they wait until they had 500 units (Randomly picked here) in stock knowing they were of the quality they expected.
Anyway I will end here as we can't do anything about it. Let's hope this is the last delay :-)

FMB

I just went and had a look at my invoice. It was timestamped 12:07 pm on May 25. My invoice number is 200819. I have no idea if this means anything. Perhaps I'm 19 in a queue which has been running since 2008? For all we know, every negative comment we make here could push us to the back of the queue.

IanL-S

I obviously was a bit lax in ordering, my invoice number is 200849.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

FMB

Quote from: IanL-S on August 28, 2015, 04:51:03 PM
I obviously was a bit lax in ordering, my invoice number is 200849.

Ian

So if Murphy's Law holds true, the initial shipment will be 18 units.  :)

Mac37

Given that, obviously, the invoice number sequence includes orders for other stuff as well.
MY order was placed on 12th June with an invoice number of 202153. And still qualified (apparently) for the "first 1000" offer !!
Mac
Beyonwiz T2 X 2
IceTV Interactive EPG - HDMI to   Linden TV 65

Vortical

Quote from: mac37 on August 28, 2015, 06:03:01 PM
Given that, obviously, the invoice number sequence includes orders for other stuff as well.
MY order was placed on 12th June with an invoice number of 202153. And still qualified (apparently) for the "first 1000" offer !!

My invoice number is in the 2017xx range purchased very early in June and I was advised there are about 700 skippa orders before mine.

Hopefully mine arrives earlier in September rather than later.