Anyone received a Skippa yet?

Started by kavey8, August 27, 2015, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kavey8

Last update I saw was about delivery this week.

Just wondering if anyone in the forum has received theirs yet?  If so, what shipping method was used?  (Just thinking about what will happen if no one is at home and the box can't be left (living in a high rise apartment).)

Thanks

IanL-S

Quote from: kavey8 on August 27, 2015, 10:44:35 AM
Just wondering if anyone in the forum has received theirs yet?

I was wondering this myself. Shipping date and receipt date are very different. It is possible they may not start shipping until tomorrow. That would mean arrival time of early next week depending on your location and if your order is one of the first processed.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

zoszos68

At one stage I got an email saying "fulfilled" instead of "shipped".
I think shipped is want they should stick to as fulfilled is when we receive it.
Hopefully they are on there way soon as using the IQ3 which needs better software to be reliable and the Skippa will have more features for fta.

Kevin

rpoppes

Quote from: kavey8 on August 27, 2015, 10:44:35 AM
Last update I saw was about delivery this week.

Just wondering if anyone in the forum has received theirs yet?  If so, what shipping method was used?  (Just thinking about what will happen if no one is at home and the box can't be left (living in a high rise apartment).)

Thanks

Nothing here mate. I emailed them a few days ago and this is their response.

--- snip---
I assume by your question that you haven't received a tracking number yet. I cannot see where you are in the queue as the shipping is being handled by a logistics company and I don't have access to their system.

Everyone who ordered a Skippa will receive an update from IceTV in the next day or two.

Best Regards,

Dave
IceTV Support Team

IceTV Pty Limited
Level 1/20 Chandos Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065

1300 654 803 or 02 8424 7555
12pm - 8pm Mon-Fri
12pm - 6pm Weekends/Public Holidays
---end---

And nothing received as of yet. Phone numbers ring out completely.
This is typical new products. Create the hype, promise, don't deliver, delay, bad support. This is my 3rd "new" product in the last year and ALL of them have been like this. Just have to wait.

zoszos68

I notice the IceTV website now says the The Skippas orders are to be fulfilled in the  last week of August instead of shipped.
So to be fulfilled would mean that the customers have received them and Monday is the last day for that to happen.

I think they should say shipped as the have no control over when the Skippas actuality arrive to the customers as anything may arise to slow delivery which is out of there control.
Either way as long as there on there way I will be happy.

Kevin

IanL-S

Thanks for this updated information. There may be further information in the regular IceTV Friday email.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

rpoppes

----There you go----

Thank you for pre-ordering a SKIPPA® from IceTV as part of our special introductory promotion. We are sure that you will be pleased with your purchase, as the first SKIPPA® review has been positive. Click here to read the review

During our pre-order sale you saved up to $200 off RRP, and will be among the first to receive a SKIPPA® in Australia.

Allow me to provide you with an update on the fulfillment status of your order.

Following a small initial run, the factory pushed our mass manufacturing slot back for a second time. Australia's order volumes are relatively small when compared to international markets. This makes it difficult for any Australian vendor to obtain priority, hence the delay. However, we are assured by the factory that our new production date will be adhered to.

A small quantity of SKIPPAs® will be shipped next week to customers who placed their order first. From September 10 onwards, we will fulfill the remaining orders on a 'first come, first served' basis. This means that every customer will receive their ordered SKIPPA® in September.

We apologise sincerely for the unforeseeable delay and assure you that IceTV is endeavouring to fulfill your pre-order as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Heinz Herrmann, CEO

FMB

I was just about to post the same thing. Very vague indeed. It doesn't say how many will be in the initial shipment or who will be getting them. I did my pre-order within minutes of it opening. I have no idea where that puts me on the list. Will I be one of the lucky few to receive one? Will I have to wait yet another few weeks? When did IceTV become aware of the delay in mass production and why are they telling us now, at the end of the last week of August?

IanL-S

I just got the same email.

More disappointment. No indication where individaul purchasers are in the delivery process.

I would have thought it would have been appaent before now that the 'last week of August' timeframe was not going to be satisfied.

Update I see that since this morning they have removed the reference on the home page about fulfilment being in the last week of August.

Ian
Synology NAS

rpoppes

Quote from: IanL-S on August 28, 2015, 11:23:31 AM
I just got the same email.

More disappointmnet. No indication where individaul purchasers are in the delivery process.

I would have thought it would have been appaent before now that the 'last week of August' timeframe was not going to be satisfied.

Ian

To me it would have been more satisfying if they mentioned during the pre-order time that this is a "work in progress" product that hasn't been fully tested yet and treat it almost as a kickstart product. Then I could have made the decision to spend a couple of hundred $$ and not receiving any product for a while. 2x failing on an end date is not valid for a pre-order.
They always have you by saying "We don't want to deliver a product you're not happy with. We want to deliver quality etc etc.". You can't win that argument.

payandwait

no one has.
i paid about 6 months ago.
at some point this becomes a rip off.

payandwait

oh ye dave from customer support.
provides useless info.
he doesn't have access to the shipping company records.
does he have access to a phone to ring them and ask?????

Coopsp

In my opinion it's Crap that they say last few weeks that will be send late August, then they send an email late August saying they are not going to fill orders.
They would have know earlier in the week but wait till end of week poor customer service if you ask me.
And still don't know when we are going to get it.

CuriousGeorge

Hi All

My first post....I am one of the 'missing' people who preordered @ $399 and have been follow comments to date. I ordered the Skippa on 25th June as my LG PVR stopped working and I was curious to the the ad skipping. However I was lead to believe it would be delivered at the end of July, then August and now September - which is a 'first world problem' but slightly annoying, on reflection I should have purchased any other PVR from IceTV.

For everyone's benefit I received the following from Dave yesterday:

It looks like only a small quantity have been shipped from the manufacturer with the remainder coming a week later. I don't how many are arriving this week until they get here. If it's more than 280 yours will be sent to you by Monday (your order was the 275th). As stated above I purchased on the 25th June.

IanL-S

Quote from: CuriousGeorge on August 28, 2015, 01:12:49 PM
<<<SNIP>>I ordered the Skippa on 25th June as my .... <<<SNIP>>>

It looks like only a small quantity have been shipped from the manufacturer with the remainder coming a week later. I don't how many are arriving this week until they get here. If it's more than 280 yours will be sent to you by Monday (your order was the 275th). As stated above I purchased on the 25th June.

So in the first month of pre-orders they apparently sold 280 units (pre-orders opened on 25 May). I wonder how many were ordered on the first day.

And they were aware of the delivery issue yesterday (if not before) yet did not do anything until this morning (email and removing shipping/fulfilment information from the IceTV home page).

Ian
Synology NAS