Skippa Wish List - things that need to be done to make World's Best PVR

Started by IanL-S, August 12, 2015, 04:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

I thought it would be an excellent idea to put together Skippa improvements that have been suggested on the Forum (in no particular order of importance)

• add the ability to copy (multiple) files to USB HDD including all meta data - can be played as native file rather than media file. One-at-at time file copying is 'unacceptable'
  • add an ftp server - able to copy files with correct names and meta data to PC or MAC
  • add the ability to edit recordings (ability to remove pre and post padding would be a good starting point)
  • add an alternative EPG guide (similar to JustEPG). Interim solution of bieng able to toggle on/off the current program details displayed in top half of screen
  • add ability to apply padding (pre & post) to individual programs/channels.
  • add ability to record manually i.e. to record back to back programs on the same channel as one recording so alleviating  the need for padding between the programs.
  • to be able to set the skips for playback for more than one specific interval. (at least two)
  • add ability to change the default (whether to record first runs only or repeats) for individual shows
  • add ability to create folders to store recordings in: recordings meeting specified criteria automatically moved to designated folder (update 28-09-15: all recordings made in a series recording automatically placed in spearate folder - blue key to do it manually or to undo the 'grouping')
  • Ability to unmount usb drive from media menu. Settings/Device INfo seems strange place.
  • Display disk name in media screen
  • "Real" power switch on rear of the unit
  • Removable internal HDD similar to the TRF-2200
  • Fix the display on the front of the SKIPPA; it is recessed into the case, so you can only clearly see it when you a looking straight on.
  • The ability to re-order the channels in the EPG.
  • The ability to turn off ad-skip; Better yet, the ability to specify which shows to process at the time you set the recording.

Update: I have incorporated suggestions in post below in the initial post. I will add further points as they are made.
Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

DaveD

1. Add the ability to copy (multiple) files to USB HDD including all meta data - can be played as native file rather than media file. One-at-at time file copying is 'unacceptable'
2. Add an ftp server - able to copy files with correct names and meta data to PC or MAC
3. Add the ability to edit recordings (ability to remove pre and post padding would be a good starting point)
4. Add an alternative EPG guide (similar to JustEPG)

Carljh

5. Add ability to apply padding (pre & post) to individual programs/channels.
6. Add ability to record manually i.e. to record back to back programs on the same channel as one recording so alleviating  the need for padding between the programs.

csutak40

7. To be able to set the skips for playback for more than one specific interval.  (at least two)
8. Add ability to change the default (whether to record first runs only or repeats) for individual shows

Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Klink1313

9. Ability to create folders to store recordings in

SkippaLounge

Hi Just a small suggestion to remove a layer of complexity
Anywhere the manual says to use the +/-ch buttons to page through the list
Eg. My week,my recordings ect. You should be able to use the big blue arrow buttons to
Move through any list and have it auto scroll/page.
You may be able to do this already
Thank brian

prl

Quote from: Klink1313 on August 13, 2015, 05:06:03 PM
9. Ability to create files to store recordings in
Create folders, rather than files?

Of course, there's always the one that people have been asking for for ages: the ability to specify the destination folder for a series recording in the IceTV series recording.

And not just on Skippa:D
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Klink1313

russell2200

provide PIP  Picture in Picture so you can watch one channel and keep another in a PIP window

I actually though it would do that without even bothering to check, seems it does not.

IanL-S

Quote from: russell2200 on September 23, 2015, 07:01:24 PM
provide PIP  Picture in Picture so you can watch one channel and keep another in a PIP window

I actually though it would do that without even bothering to check, seems it does not.

It may be a limitation of the Broadcom SoC; Topfiled PVRs with a Broadcom SoC do not have PiP; thye claim it is a harware limiation when used with free-to-air tuner. Apparently satalite and cable are OK.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

Carljh

As some of the firmware updates contain new features, would it be possible to list the changes on your website for all updates?

warkus

That's a good idea, but it's also another reason why Ian requested sub - sub forum grouping, because then you could have a dedicated sub-forum for firmware alone for example and besides having the current firmware in there to download, they could list change logs etc...

SkippaBeat

Rubber feet, so it doesn't slide around if you try to press a button.

IanL-S

Quote from: SkippaBeat on September 26, 2015, 11:42:32 AM
Rubber feet, so it doesn't slide around if you try to press a button.

Then you have the risk of the rubber perishing and sticking the PVR to the shelf.  :'( :-[

I had not noticed this ... it probably has something to do with the mass of the unit. My Toppys are much larger and heavier so are not prone to move as easily. I suspect I have similar issues with the TRF-2100 and TF-T6211 which are similar size and weight.

On balance it seems like a good idea....

Ian
Synology NAS