Ability to set the place in the playback

Started by TimC, October 02, 2015, 06:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimC

An ability to set the place in the playback that a playback plays from is needed. i.e. When watching a playback, my Toppy lets me punch in a percentage using the number keys. The playback then jumps to that position. It doesn't have to be the same, but something like is needed.
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

IanL-S

I agree that that is a great feature of Toppys. I use it a lot.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

stretch4x4

They have a feature to do it, not at my tv to test though..

For memory push the green button and it brings up the timeline, from there use the arrow keys and a little red cursor should move, bit ok and it will jump there. Occasionally I have had issues getting the cursor to show above the progress cursor but it is there.

See how you go, will test later to check I got the right key.

celicasx

Beyonwiz DP Series has probably got the best I've seen for recordings.  If it's already recorded, stop at any point and the BW will remember where you last were.  Alternatively, you can set multiple bookmarks along the timeline (whether chase-play or recording) and jump to any of them.

stretch4x4

Skippa does remember where you last stopped a recording playback, found that tonight.
The bookmarks sound handy though..

csutak40

Quote from: celicasx on October 02, 2015, 08:26:29 PM
Alternatively, you can set multiple bookmarks along the timeline (whether chase-play or recording) and jump to any of them.

The Toppy 5K does that, but it has been so long since I've used the "vanilla" version (without any TAPS) that I don't know if it is provided by Topfield, or a TAP
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

IanL-S

Quote from: csutak40 on October 03, 2015, 03:22:15 AM
Quote from: celicasx on October 02, 2015, 08:26:29 PM
Alternatively, you can set multiple bookmarks along the timeline (whether chase-play or recording) and jump to any of them.

The Toppy 5K does that, but it has been so long since I've used the "vanilla" version (without any TAPS) that I don't know if it is provided by Topfield, or a TAP

Judy most Toppys have the ability to set multiple bookmarks (cannot remember if this was the case with the SD Toppys).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help