Skippa EPG Screenshot

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 04:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warkus

Again, I'll reiterate the unit DOES need to have a good fully functional EPG for people to use, definitely not saying otherwise...

But the app does serve a good purpose and is a good accompaniment to the unit, or to any ICE enabled PVR, and you don't necessarily need an iPad to use it, works on a PC too.

To make a point of its usefulness, and whilst I do agree it's probably not for everyone (my mother in law doesn't even have a device to use the app on) - It's rather single minded to focus on using the app solely whilst sitting on the lounge. Who said that's the only place you can use it.??? 😀

Your at work, and your college says to you there's this awesome new show on each day, it's called Dr Phil, and it's on at midday each day, you should watch it, it would be right up wife's your alley... Lol.

Turn to your phone, open the app, search Dr PHIL, click on the next viewing, select recording options, series recordings, first runs only, Ten, Pref HD but SD will do, Only record 2 a day max, Device Skippa, go... Done!

😁

It's not just for use whilst on the lounge!!! Lol

My wife usually sets all the weeks recordings up in one hit each week, nothing to say you have to be in front of the TV to do that, you can do it on your main PC too or on the unit, as remember it's gonna have an awesome EPG as well...we hope...

Or you get to work and remember the wife asked you to record a show for her this afternoon and you won't be home in time to set it, jump on the app and hey presto problem solved.

I think for use in conjunction with a GOOD EPG on the unit itself - like Pasta and sauce, pizza and pepperoni, bourbon and coke - they go well together.

Oh and the boxer shorts comment - ive got a simpons pair that does so no more excuses buddy!!! Lol

Mark

csutak40

Quote from: warkus on July 21, 2015, 02:34:20 AM
works on a PC too.
Mark

Yes, that is what I am using ATM (and the half dead widget) as my JustEPG is dead.  It just serves to reinforce the fact that having to open it on the PC is a lot more painful then pressing a button on the PVR's remote

Quote from: warkus on July 21, 2015, 02:34:20 AMYour at work, and your college says to you there's this awesome new show on each day, it's called Dr Phil, and it's on at midday each day, you should watch it, it would be right up wife's your alley... Lol.

Turn to your phone, open the app, search Dr PHIL, click on the next viewing, select recording options, series recordings, first runs only, Ten, Pref HD but SD will do, Only record 2 a day max, Device Skippa, go... Done!

😁
Mark
Yes, that is the only circumstance under which I'd use the iPhone app  ;D

Quote from: warkus on July 21, 2015, 02:34:20 AM
My wife usually sets all the weeks recordings up in one hit each week, nothing to say you have to be in front of the TV to do that, you can do it on your main PC too or on the unit, as remember it's gonna have an awesome EPG as well...we hope...
Mark
Well, that is what I am dying to find out from the (yet to be published) manual.  ATM (as I am still on Toppy 5k) I am using TEDS for this purpose, so it (used to be) completely automated for me.  ATM, that isn't working properly either, (it sets the timers, but won't upload them) so I have to manually set recordings and I am just not used to having to do that.  The only recordings I set through the IceTV app (on the PC) are the recordings I do on the Windows MC

Quote from: warkus on July 21, 2015, 02:34:20 AMI think for use in conjunction with a GOOD EPG on the unit itself - like Pasta and sauce, pizza and pepperoni, bourbon and coke - they go well together.
Mark
I do agree, I am just worried about what the  EPG on the unit will be like - don't think much of the screen shots published so far
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

IanL-S

As a short term solution, removing the stuff at the top of the EPG would allow another 4 services to be display. It should be easy to put in add an ability to select plain EPG or not-so-plain EPG.

I only set one-off timers on the PVR; sometimes I do a one-off that I then update to series via IceTV interactive. I assume we can create series recordings via the PVR with the Skippa.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on July 21, 2015, 07:04:32 AM
I assume we can create series recordings via the PVR with the Skippa.
Yes. You can set a single (one off) recording or a series recording. Series recordings set from the EPG via the remote will use your default settings as set in the main menu (like 'first runs only' or 'prefer SD' etc).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Stalky

Quote from: IanL-S on July 21, 2015, 07:04:32 AM
As a short term solution, removing the stuff at the top of the EPG would allow another 4 services to be display. It should be easy to put in add an ability to select plain EPG or not-so-plain EPG.

Ian

With you on this one. Drop all the crap at the top of the EPG and add at least another 4 channels. Can't be that hard surely. Plain or Non-Plain choice sounds like a great idea.

I only use the app on my phone when away from home. When at home, the phone's in another room charging (and where I can ignore it's ringing if I chose) and I'm flicking through the EPG from the couch. Pretty straightforward really.

Rat

Due to the fact that IceTV reps have failed to even acknowledge any of the constructive criticism about the EPG I can only assume that updates to it's layout and function will not be happening in a hurry.

IanL-S

It appears that the EPG for these units includes infotainment LCNs: On the Skippa www site there is the following statement: "Use of AutoSkip™ on the following shopping channels is not recommended: 4ME, Extra, Extra2, TVSN, Aspire, Spree, ishoptv." So it is more comprehensive than that for older units such as those made by Topfield.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

I'm not sure that follows.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on July 26, 2015, 05:28:15 PM
It appears that the EPG for these units includes infotainment LCNs: On the Skippa www site there is the following statement: "Use of AutoSkip™ on the following shopping channels is not recommended: 4ME, Extra, Extra2, TVSN, Aspire, Spree, ishoptv."
There is no EPG data for any of the datacasting channels (shopping, infotainment, racing.com etc). If someone presses record while viewing one of the datacasting channels the resulting recording won't get AutoSkip processed. They're just one long ad anyway.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

SkippaLounge

Liking the I-plate ,Nice basic alternative to the full epg, I'll be using this a lot I think