skippa delay

Started by payandwait, July 26, 2015, 11:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

Quote from: nis200sx on July 31, 2015, 04:02:23 PM
If you are wondering why they didn't just stick with the original production run and do the other shorter production run later, I'd assume that the cost of setting up each production run would probably cost a lot more than the value that the small 2nd production run of product would be worth.

Or it could be the economies of scale from the larger production run were just to great to ignore. That is, substantial reduction in per unit cost.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

bridjee

I am sick of watching live tv, so with the extra delay today I decided to resurrect my dead TiVo which was pretty easy and cancelled the Skippa order.  They promptly did so with no drama.

warkus

It's great that you resurrected your TiVo, but cancelling the order is "possibly" not a good move as in the future if they do turn out to be awesome and you want to repurchase it will be at a more expensive price...

I wonder if just using the TiVo and waiting a little longer may have been better, it's the discount that makes it not such a good idea to cancel, if they were preorder at the normal price it wouldn't matter I guess...

I hope the TiVo stays working for you anyway... Good luck. Come back and check out our progress soon, hopefully it will be good news for all that are patiently waiting...

Mark

bridjee

Thanks Warkus,
Sorry to clarify I asked about the delays and how to go about cancelling if I wish and they cancelled the order.   I think it will be a great product and ordered it as soon as the orders opened.
With the continued delays with cryptic reasons provided I was going through the thought process about reviewing the pvr market again as xmas nears.  As I said above IceTV just accelerated that process.
Great to see a company like IceTV bringing a new product to this space.  Hope your patience is rewarded and it is a great PVR.

Vortical

Quote from: IanL-S on July 31, 2015, 03:51:39 PM
Quote from: FMB on July 31, 2015, 03:39:16 PM
SKIPPA production will be in full swing by mid-August and we will air-freight your SKIPPAs to avoid any further delay. We are scheduled for first orders to be fulfilled in the last week of August.

Not clear what date this email was sent. Update: Post before that one says it arrived today. Hope I get one this time ... nothing yet. :-\

So mid-August now becomes end of August. At this rate we will be lucky to get our Skippa before Christmas. :o

Ian

I'm not getting any of these delayed shipment emails and my email settings are all ticked under my IceTV account.

IanL-S

Quote from: Vortical on August 01, 2015, 12:20:00 AM
I'm not getting any of these delayed shipment emails and my email settings are all ticked under my IceTV account.
Vortical, the first one I got was the one sent yesterday. I had to get IceTV Tech support to reinstate the necessary emails. No idea why they stopped being sent.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

PM'd you about the missing emails.

You can see the last email you missed here:
https://www.icetv.com.au/email/5272/
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

grahford

Mine seem to be hit and miss as well.  I missed one of the big ones everyone was talking about.  Got the next one.  Haven't gotten this last one.  I did notice that my settings had become unticked, but they have been right now for some time.

Rat

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 01, 2015, 03:39:08 PM

PM'd you about the missing emails.

You can see the last email you missed here:
https://www.icetv.com.au/email/5272/

Why PM about the missing emails? it is an issue that is affecting many here so why not post an explanation and fix for everyone?

warkus

If I was taking an educated guess about why - if say because it contained sensitive or personal information about his account which isn't something that would be posted on the public arm of the forum.

Just a guess but likely why it was done via PM...

Mark

Rat

Yes yes....but still why not explain why the problem has been so widespread? I suspect some advice such as, hypothetically .... there has been an issue at Ice and people's email preferences have accidentally been reset to none.... If so thus a post saying please everyone check your profile for email settings is correct would be helpful and honest. I assume this as others have found their settings have changed as such and so have I, but no doubt Warkus your opinion will remain in line with Ice and you will defend them to the death.

warkus

I wasn't defending them, just stating an opinion. Your comments are out of line.

Rat

Out of line? LOL in what way?

Over many posts you have lambasted everyone who dissed Ice while at the same time totally agreeing with their lament. Then you have dismissed their comments as not needed while taking 10x as many words to do so.

Warkus why are you such?  ::)

To save posting again and even though I feel it unnecessary I will answer Bodogs pestering and irrelevant questions. Yes I did order in the first offer and have been watching on and off since the start. NO I have NOT canceled my order because I am unhappy with the way Ice have approached their online presence. I do still hope the hardware is worth the wait and there may be a chance I am pleased, to quit now would be illogical, even if it may be the moral thing to do.

I don't choose to spite myself all the time and in this instance will see what the future holds, if I find that a different box may suit us better then I will have very little loyalty to Ice, as I'm sure everyone  understands.

As for your incredulity to my position, to me it is the same as me still being a customer of Telstra even though they lie to their customers, no other provider covers me, or my electricity company, I have no choice. I do hope Ice are in the same basket the best choice for me out of a poor selection.

Is that a spade I see? yes I think it is :D

markb

Quote from: warkus on August 02, 2015, 11:36:01 PM
I wasn't defending them, just stating an opinion. Your comments are out of line.

His comments and criticisms are completely sensible. A few others here have complained that they are not receiving ICE emails so why should ICE respond only within a PM? I'm sorry but your "explanation" makes no sense.

Apparently rat has been banned from this forum. Clearly ICE don't like any public criticism.

FMB

I got the most recent e-mail, but I didn't get the previous one at all. I think they're just messing with us. Let's just hope they don't apply the same rule to shipping.