Kevin McCloud has upset our Humax

Started by carlprowse, July 24, 2015, 04:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlprowse

We record The Voice at 7pm and Grand Designs at 7:40pm on a Sunday night. However, our Humax7500T does not accept Grand Designs, advising that "Episode failed to be scheduled".

There are no other shows scheduled for recording on Sunday  according to IceTV and the Humax.

This happens each Sunday. As Professor Julius Sumner Miller queried "Why is this so?"

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Dave at IceTV

Your account is showing a timer conflict for Grand Designs. It appears to be conflicting with the 125 minute episode of The Voice Australia and Inspector George Gently... but Inspector George Gently follows Grand Designs on the same channel.

Maybe we changed the start time of one of the shows and your Humax tried to update the Grand Designs schedule while it still overlapped Inspector George Gently.

I've rescheduled Grand Designs for you. If it comes up with an error again just highlight Grand Designs in the guide on the Humax, press record and select record whole program. The Humax should realise it is missing a series recording schedule for that episode and set the schedule with the series icon.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

carlprowse

Thanks Dave.

I actually did whay you said the week before last and it worked.

It just intrigues me about the conflict. There is usually a conflict with an Escape to the Country at 7:30pm, but I Kill off that episode. I wonder whether there is some vestige of that conflict remaining. Perhaps the Humax prefers to watch Escape to the Country rather than Grand Designs:-)

Anyway, thanks for responding so quickly.