Skippa manual

Started by emmsee, July 21, 2015, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmsee

G'day Leon & Dave,
Monday the 20th has come and gone and still a blank pdf instead of the Skippa manual.
Do you have an ETA?

bodogbodog

For completeness and for anyone trying to find the Skippa manual
When it's released it will be available @ http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/69766800-Product-Manuals-SKIPPA
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Rat

Another slip, doesn't matter to me though as I imagine my Skippa is a few weeks away yet at best.

kavey8

Trying to be very patient here...

Please provide an update on:

i)  Availability of manual

ii) Expected first shipping date (and what will be the phasing of the shipping - i.e. batches of X units over Y weeks)

Thanks

IanL-S

I am told that later today IceTV will be sending an email to those who have ordered a SKIPPA with an update.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Rat

Yeah how about they tell us they have no Skippa's just before knock off on Friday afternoon?  Yeah that sounds like a plan, I don't want to be here when the phone starts ringing.

Well done Skippers, another fantastic effort.

IanL-S

Quote from: Rat on July 24, 2015, 02:21:03 PM
Yeah how about they tell us they have no Skippa's just before knock off on Friday afternoon?

I suppose that is one possibility. Being an optimist, I am hopeful of a somewhat better outcome that the one you are suggesting.

At the moment I an pondering on the significance, if any, of the delay in the release of the Manual. Releasing the manual should not be impacted on by a delay in shipment due to the units not having reached Australia. To me it is suggestive of a last minute change to the some aspect of the SKIPPAs functioning. It may be that they do not want to ship the units until an updated firmware is ready.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

csutak40

Quote from: IanL-S on July 24, 2015, 02:48:08 PM
[q To me it is suggestive of a last minute change to the some aspect of the SKIPPAs functioning. It may be that they do not want to ship the units until an updated firmware is ready.

Ian
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that the firmware needed updating, because the original had the skipping function built in, and now that they have decided to charge for that function. it has to be changed so it doesn't skip "out of the box", without a subscription.
Similarly, the original manual would also mention nothing about the skipping function being an optional extra, so that needs to be re-written as well.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

IanL-S

Judy, you could well be onto something.

Ian
Synology NAS

Dave at IceTV

The SKIPPA manual and quick start guide can be downloaded here:

http://skippa.tv/manual
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

emmsee

JPP

As expected, it closely follows the Altech 9600T manual  :).

Just one question after a brief read through. I can't find the 2 small blue left/right arrow keys, which are mentioned on page 32 under Manual Skip, on the Remote itself. I can only see the Autoskip and Unskip buttons.

.....Just after another look at the Remote - would they be the Left/Right arrows around the OK button?

If so, could we have an option somewhere down the track to use the Up/Down buttons for additional Skip functions?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

IanL-S

Posted on 16 June?

No mention of OperaTV!

Updtae: I suppose it is possible that the page was created on 16 June and the content added later.

Ian
Synology NAS