"The Voice" choosing to record an episode itself - weird

Started by dddp, July 13, 2015, 06:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dddp

For some odd reason the voice has programmed itself in for an episode only recording on the 14th this month on my beyonwiz P2. I haven't programmed it and the voice isn't on my list of TV shows currently (nor in search or favorites)- it was last year, but this year I deleted it from my list.

The single entry doesn't give me an option to delete the episode and the only way I can delete it is to add it as a series recording and then I have the option to delete it. The only problem us that shortly afterwards I find its programmed itself back in again as an episode recording. It's not really a big deal if it does only record one episode as long as it doesn't keep entering itself in to record my episodes (at present it isn't, but who knows what'll happen next time it on).

Anyone have any idea what's going on in this instance?

Edit
To clarify what's going on - in the 'my week' view the voice has a single red dot against it, when I click on the show I get the option to record it either as a series or an episode as is normal. What I'm curious about is why does it have the episode 'red dot' next to the name whip usually indicates that an episode is scheduled to be recorded when in fact it isn't

This is happening in the apple ap, the android ap and the icetv website page
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

dddp

And today "embarrassing bodies down under" has appeared with a red dot beside it (just the same as if I'd chosen to record an episode of it) on the "tv guide" and in "my week" view.

As I'm about 200ks from home I can't verify if both of these shows are actually programmed into my beyonwiz P2 or are only appearing as if they are programmed to record, weird stuff
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

dddp

Turned out I'd entered a manual timer a couple of weeks ago, I'd done it manually because programming via icetv meant I'd miss the end of that show as the previous show always ran late. I removed the manual timer, the show had finished but I'd forgotten to remove the timer, and the mysterious entry disappeared  :)

The show that took its place was the voice and after that, embarrassing bodies - there is some sort of feedback where a manually entered timer does appear in icetv as a episode only recording but no actual timer is set - hence the appearance of these two shows in both the android, Apple and website program guide. Back to normal now  :)
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

Dave at IceTV

Glad you worked it out.

For anyone else reading this:

- Schedules or Timers set manually on a recorder will show up as a single recording in My Week and TV Guide (with a single red dot).

- If that manually set schedule or timer overlaps other shows it will look, in IceTV, like those other shows also have single recordings set (they will also have a single red dot).

- If any of those shows would normally display the grey series icon they will display the red series icon (because there is a schedule/timer set and it is part of a series recording).

Solid red dots or series icons indicate which shows have schedules or timers set or overlapping on the recorder.
Hollow red dots or series icons indicate what shows will be scheduled on the recorder soon.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service