Skippa Shipping

Started by Mantorok, July 13, 2015, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

payandwait

i don't think you will have to worry about delivery because according to an email i got last night they can't deliver on time because there is greater demand??????
poor service.

IanL-S

Quote from: payandwait on July 26, 2015, 11:52:28 AM
i don't think you will have to worry about delivery because according to an email i got last night they can't deliver on time because there is greater demand??????
poor service.

Am I correct in thinking you consider that to be an nonsense explanation? To me is it complete nonsense.

Ian

PS Still to receive any notification from IceTV about the delay
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Rat

To me it is a LIE.....I don't find lying to be acceptable or excusable......I have given someone $400 of my money under agreement of them meeting the projected delivery date of their product.....and in return they have given me deception. But I am not surprised, this is just another continuation of how they have already been treating their customers for a long time.

Thursday 23 July their Facebook page was updated with a new show recommendation, but there has been NO apology or proper truthful explanation about why their much publicised shipping date will not be met yet again.

I am aware and accepting of the challenges they must face bringing this product to market and if they kept honest and open communication going then I would be disappointed in this latest delay but accepting of it.

Liers liers pants on fire, yu guys suck.

Love from,
Your customer.

Draadnor

I think it is quite simple really, IceTV management figured out that they could charge for the Ad Skipping functionality ($39/yr) and now engineering have to change the firmware and rewrite the manual to suite.  ;)

bodogbodog

Quote from: Rat on July 26, 2015, 04:06:31 PMLiers liers pants on fire, yu guys suck

So have you asked them for a refund?
Clearly you are repulsed by having to deal with such a company - I can't imagine you would want to be a customer on an ongoing basis

It's ok - you can still come onto the forums and taunt them even if you cancel - so you will still get your perverse pleasure
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Vortical

Just saw this posted on Facebook by icetv today.

IceTV
Hi. Our pre-orders are finishing tomorrow, Tuesday, at midnight, in order to be able to fulfil existing orders without further delay. We are shipping on a "first come first served" basis. This means earlier orders get shipped earlier. IceTV is spending extra money on air freight to accelerate the delivery and mitigate customer impact.

I still have not received any official email regarding a delay about my order, icetv have kinda let all their loyal customers down on this rollercoaster ride.

I'm very disappointed in how this is turning out and not sure how they can repair the relationship with everyone that supported them in believing in their new product by pre-ordering it.

Im still optimistic about the end product but I think we all deserve a bit more of an explanation than they're giving us.

IanL-S

Quote from: Vortical on July 28, 2015, 12:48:44 AM

IceTV
Hi. Our pre-orders are finishing tomorrow, Tuesday, at midnight, in order to be able to fulfil existing orders without further delay. We are shipping on a "first come first served" basis. This means earlier orders get shipped earlier. IceTV is spending extra money on air freight to accelerate the delivery and mitigate customer impact.

I still have not received any official email regarding a delay about my order, icetv have kinda let all their loyal customers down on this rollercoaster ride.

I'm very disappointed in how this is turning out and not sure how they can repair the relationship with everyone that supported them in believing in their new product by pre-ordering it.

Im still optimistic about the end product but I think we all deserve a bit more of an explanation than they're giving us.

Relying of Facebook to communicate with users is poor practice. I do not go near Facebook ... not my thing at all. A post on the forum would have been far more effective.

IAn
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Likkie

IceTV

I agree with you.  The whole process seems like they are making it up as they go along. 
From my point of view they are killing any confidence I have in them or their product.

I definitely feel lied to.

They said there would be 1000 pre-order units which would ship in late July.

No amount of added demand can change that number of units.

Hey IceTV stop trying to "manage our expectations" with bullshit and just tell the truth because what you're doing now is just screwing with your customer's loyalty to you.  You are NOT making it better by telling us lies.

FMB

IceTV

That's good news as far as I'm concerned. I ordered mine on day one of the original pre-order process. I'd like to think I was in the first 100 or so to order. Still no word though on exactly when they'll start shipping.

Rat

Hey bodog is it just me that you have a problem with or are you also annoyed by all the other customers who are not happy?

Just noticed this post from IceTV on their Facebook page

"Our pre-orders are finishing tomorrow, Tuesday, at midnight, in order to be able to fulfil existing orders without further delay. We are shipping on a "first come first served" basis. This means earlier orders get shipped earlier. IceTV is spending extra money on air freight to accelerate the delivery and mitigate customer impact."

I don't know whether to believe that or not though, they have totally lost my trust, even if they do fly them they have chosen to break their own deadline by extending pre-orders to increase the numbers of their first shipment and they have not been very open with communicating that and instead tried to cover it with bullshit.

bodogbodog

Quote from: Rat on July 28, 2015, 05:56:54 PM
Hey bodog is it just me that you have a problem with or are you also annoyed by all the other customers who are not happy?

I am simply asking you a question and making a point - I've never seen someone who says that a company has lost their trust continue to want to patronise that company - that of course assumes you've actually ordered a SKIPPA
You seem unable or reluctant to answer that simple question...

Quote from: bodogbodog on July 26, 2015, 05:56:28 PM
So have you asked them for a refund?
Clearly you are repulsed by having to deal with such a company - I can't imagine you would want to be a customer on an ongoing basis
It's ok - you can still come onto the forums and taunt them even if you cancel - so you will still get your perverse pleasure
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

warkus

I think this is all getting way out of control and needs to calm down somewhat...and I say that nicely without malice to anyone I promise.

It's not like it's a heart bypass machine - it's a PVR, it couldn't surely affect people that badly that they feel it necessary to post in the manner that I have seen on here and whirlpool. I get that many are frustrated but I think it's important to keep it real, it's a PIECE OF TV HARDWARE.

You must surely have better priorities in your life in which to direct you anger and time. I get that you are angry and feel let down and have no trust in them anymore and think it's bull*** as has been stated, but try to get a realistic perspective on it.

Best way I can put this to you is this... Your not winning yourself any favours and that goes for a lot of people on here and isn't directed at anyone in particular. There are probably a heap of people just like all of you that are equally as frustrated and agree with you and are happy to post like many here have, but I can tell you there are 100 times more than that viewing these posts thinking, my god, is this really how intolerant and inpatient we have become?

There is no hope for any of us, the world is doomed, our skippa boxes have been delayed, whatever will we do, pray for our salvation as surely it cannot end this way... The age of forums and social media had made us a poor cousin of our former selves, as is so blatantly evident here by the fact that people are prepared to go all out and attack ICETV over this. I'm not saying they haven't made mistakes along the way but surely it isn't as bad as has been portrayed here. Hiding behind anonymous logins and user names doesn't make it right.

I have honestly had enough of reading it over and over and over and over and over again and so on and so on and so on....I can only imagine what icetv staff must think.

Sighhhhh, can we pleasssseee have a little break from the constant bashing, I think everyone has gotten the message already.

Mark

Ps, if your wondering why ICETV haven't posted a lot on here, well it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out, every time they open their mouths in written form they get shafted, so why would they...

qf8

Quote from: warkus on July 28, 2015, 07:17:40 PM
I think this is all getting way out of control and needs to calm down somewhat...and I say that nicely without malice to anyone I promise.

It's not like it's a heart bypass machine - it's a PVR, it couldn't surely affect people that badly that they feel it necessary to post in the manner that I have seen on here and whirlpool. I get that many are frustrated but I think it's important to keep it real, it's a PIECE OF TV HARDWARE.

You must surely have better priorities in your life in which to direct you anger and time. I get that you are angry and feel let down and have no trust in them anymore and think it's bull*** as has been stated, but try to get a realistic perspective on it.

Best way I can put this to you is this... Your not winning yourself any favours and that goes for a lot of people on here and isn't directed at anyone in particular. There are probably a heap of people just like all of you that are equally as frustrated and agree with you and are happy to post like many here have, but I can tell you there are 100 times more than that viewing these posts thinking, my god, is this really how intolerant and inpatient we have become?

There is no hope for any of us, the world is doomed, our skippa boxes have been delayed, whatever will we do, pray for our salvation as surely it cannot end this way... The age of forums and social media had made us a poor cousin of our former selves, as is so blatantly evident here by the fact that people are prepared to go all out and attack ICETV over this. I'm not saying they haven't made mistakes along the way but surely it isn't as bad as has been portrayed here. Hiding behind anonymous logins and user names doesn't make it right.

I have honestly had enough of reading it over and over and over and over and over again and so on and so on and so on....I can only imagine what icetv staff must think.

Sighhhhh, can we pleasssseee have a little break from the constant bashing, I think everyone has gotten the message already.

Mark

Ps, if your wondering why ICETV haven't posted a lot on here, well it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out, every time they open their mouths in written form they get shafted, so why would they...

I agree.. Chill out folks you'll get it by xmas. No ones going to die in the mean time.

monksy

Quote from: qf8 on August 29, 2015, 10:49:22 PM

I agree.. Chill out folks you'll get it by xmas. No ones going to die in the mean time.
I don't know about that - My Wife may kill me if the BeyondWiz doesn't get replace very soon.