TV Portal & ICE TV

Started by shemp, July 06, 2015, 05:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shemp

Hi guys.My 7500t is getting cranky.Quite often I'll get a "Your PVR has stopped using ICE TV" message.I'll check and yes,it has stopped (at least the list of shows to be recorded has vanished)Only way to get it back is do a power off,and re-log in.Funny thing,the only way to get my Tv portal going is the same ,after a power off.Any ideas

Dave at IceTV

Your Humax is dropping it's network connection for some reason.

If you are using wireless, see our Humax Wireless Troubleshooting Tips.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

shemp

No it's connected by a LAN cable

Dave at IceTV

Does the Humax have 'Configure IP' set to DHCP?

Check that the Power Management options are disabled.

Go to 'Menu > Settings > System > Power Management'
- Set 'Power Saving in Standby' to OFF
- Set 'Auto Power Down' to OFF
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

shemp

Thanks for the reply Dave.Yes all those settings are as you said.

Dave at IceTV

Could be a dodgy Ethernet cable or even the router (or network switch if you have any switches/hubs between the Humax and router). Of course it could also be the Humax itself.

Another possibility is that the IP address that the Humax is using when the problem occurs may be being used by another device on the your network. Maybe the pool of IP addresses your router is set to use for DHCP assigned addresses is less than the number of devices you sometimes have connected to your network. e.g. If your router is limited to only provide 6 addresses and you sometimes have 7 or more devices needing an address then if the Humax is asleep it's current address may be assigned to another device leaving the Humax unable to access the Internet until you reboot it and it gets a different address.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

shemp

No interruptions in LAN cable.Only things connected to router are Humax-LAN cable,PC-LAN cable and Cannon printer and Nokia phone-both connected by Wi- Fi.