Harmony remotes and Skippa

Started by injidup, June 15, 2015, 01:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

injidup

Question for the IceTv guys-
Will you be providing the remote codes to Logitech for their Harmony remote database (please)?

Leon K

Hi injidup,

Yes we will be submitting those to the Harmony Database, and also to the Bose Universal Remote Database too.

injidup

Carljh

Just wondering if the codes have been passed on to Logitech yet?  Don't know how long it takes them to add new devices to their database but the earlier they get the codes the sooner it will be hopefully.  I guess like a few others on this forum, I don't want to have to use 3 remotes to watch TV for long. Many thanks.

bodogbodog

Quote from: Carljh on July 19, 2015, 10:49:44 AM
I guess like a few others on this forum, I don't want to have to use 3 remotes to watch TV for long
now that's a first world problem if I ever saw one...
the stress of having to use multiple remotes
For now I think most of us will be quite happy to actually get our hands on Skippa's
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

prl

Are there any requests/questions about Skippa that couldn't be characterised as "first world problems"?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

Quote from: prl on July 19, 2015, 01:07:20 PM
Are there any requests/questions about Skippa that couldn't be characterised as "first world problems"?

How about ftp support?

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: injidup on June 15, 2015, 01:01:23 PM
Question for the IceTv guys-
Will you be providing the remote codes to Logitech for their Harmony remote database (please)?
I believe that submitting Skippa's remote codes to Logitech for their Harmony Universal Remote database, and to Bose for their Lifestyle Database is scheduled to be done early this week.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on July 19, 2015, 01:33:52 PM
Quote from: prl on July 19, 2015, 01:07:20 PM
How about ftp support?

Ian
I think you missed the sarcasm in prl's tongue-in-cheek comment.

But, since you asked about FTP. Anyone who is tech-savvy enough to use ftp should be able to use dlna to copy the recording's download link and past that link into a web browser to download the recording.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

scottn1

I would like to know why the powers that be, decided the Skippa remote won't be able to control your TV's volume?
And is this likely to be changed in the future considering every other current pvr on the market can do this?

Leon K

Quote from: scottn1 on July 19, 2015, 03:56:13 PM
I would like to know why the powers that be, decided the Skippa remote won't be able to control your TV's volume?
And is this likely to be changed in the future considering every other current pvr on the market can do this?

Hey Scott,

The SKIPPA remote has volume control for the SKIPPA output, so as long as you initially set your TV volume to your required level, you can then use the SKIPPA remote to control the volume from there. There is a mute button on the remote too.

prl

Yes, but that violates Prl's Volume Control Maxim - in the sound reproduction chain, always control the volume at a point as close to the speakers as possible.

In our setup it's:

PVR --HDMI--> HDMI switch --HDMI--> TV --analog--> AM/FM Receiver [control volume here] --analog--> Speakers

Activity-based remotes like the Logitech Harmony series help in doing that, first-world problem and all... ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

scottn1

Quote from: Leon K on July 19, 2015, 04:32:53 PM
Quote from: scottn1 on July 19, 2015, 03:56:13 PM

Hey Scott,

The SKIPPA remote has volume control for the SKIPPA output, so as long as you initially set your TV volume to your required level, you can then use the SKIPPA remote to control the volume from there. There is a mute button on the remote too.

Really, that's good news. I was under the impression that you couldn't control the volume.
That certainly puts my mind at ease that's for sure, I can now look forward to receiving the Skippa!

FMB

Any word yet on when the Skippa will be available in the Harmony Remote database? I'd like to be able to configure everything on my remote before the unit arrives. I assume we'll need to know the Manufacturer and Model Number to find it in https://support.myharmony.com/en/compatibility.

Klink1313

Quote from: FMB on July 30, 2015, 04:04:20 PM
Any word yet on when the Skippa will be available in the Harmony Remote database? I'd like to be able to configure everything on my remote before the unit arrives. I assume we'll need to know the Manufacturer and Model Number to find it in https://support.myharmony.com/en/compatibility.

I too would like to set up my Harmony Remote before the unit arrives, one less thing to set up on the day.