New XML API

Started by DeltaMikeCharlie, June 12, 2015, 06:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaMikeCharlie

Some time ago, I was told by an IceTV staff member that a new XML API was being developed.

Is this still happening?

Is there a target date for when this API will be available to developers?

I would like to write a TAP to add ICE functionality to my non-ICE Topfield PVR.

Dave at IceTV

I don't know about the XML API but writing a TAP, or any app, that not only downloads the guide data but also downloads the schedule list was possible when we had the My Week RSS feed.

When the website was updated the handy My Week RSS Feed vanished.

Obviously there would not have been any two way syncing (no timer status updates sent to your account) but being able to download your week's recording list in a text format was a godsend.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 12, 2015, 04:17:26 PM
I don't know about the XML API...
I do know now.

We're almost finished with the XML API but need a few more months to "harden" its robustness, so that developers can use it without affecting other users.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

DeltaMikeCharlie

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 12, 2015, 04:35:11 PMWe're almost finished with the XML API but need a few more months to "harden" its robustness, so that developers can use it without affecting other users.
If you need an early adopter to do some testing, let me know.

markb

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 12, 2015, 04:35:11 PM
We're almost finished with the XML API but need a few more months to "harden" its robustness, so that developers can use it without affecting other users.

"Real soon now" was what ICE said to me 8 years ago. See http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/smart-recording-website-and-general-questions/35/plea-to-ice-for-a-generic-remote-device/859/.

MoDementia

I'd be happy with a "My Week" option for webget for starters
Beyonwiz T4 ->, My Rename Code ->, VideoRedo AutoProcessor ->, Synology 1815+ ->, Plex + MediaMonkey

DeltaMikeCharlie

Will the new and improved XML feed (when it arrives) have a field for a unique event ID like the pimp feed has at the moment?  AFAIK, the current XML feed lacks such a field at the moment.

peter1960

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 12, 2015, 04:35:11 PM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on June 12, 2015, 04:17:26 PM
I don't know about the XML API...
I do know now.

Did this happen yet?

FrontLineFodder

Still waiting, But I keep watching this thread in anticipation.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This has now been released, it is available in both JSON and XML format.

More details at http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/announcements/4/icetv-api-documentation/5065/
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.