Iview retired on Humax

Started by swamprat96, June 07, 2015, 05:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamprat96

Just got the message on the humax that iview is not going to be supported on the humax. That's the end for me and I'll be looking to retire the humax soon. I don't know enough about the skippa to consider it yet.
I hesitate as the humax was supposed to so many things yet failed in most. It is a competent TV tuner and that's about it.
To jump to yet another appliance is not an easy decision. With no control over what apps can be installed and relying on the manufacturers again is not encouraging.

Htpc is still too fragmented. Appliances are too regimented and not supported long enough nor well enough in most cases.

I may just put a haupage tuner in my ancient wdtv live and use that until more comes out on the skippa. Or I may try htpc and again

prl

Funnily enough, iView is the only HbbTV (marketed as part of FreeviewPlus) service that seems to work properly on the Beyonwiz T3.

The SBS OnDemand HbbTV service doesn't work properly on the T3 (very little of the SBS OnDemand Web page offering is available, and playback of what is there times out with an error message). Some of the coloured button actions also don't appear to work.

Does SBS OnDemand HbbTV work on FreeviewPlus qualified TVs?

None of the commercial broadcasters' HbbTV offerings seem to work on the T3.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

carlprowse

Swamprat96, thanks for the advice. Where did you hear that iView is not going to be supported?

Luckily iView is supported on our Samsung TV and Sony BluRay player, so we never really used iView on the Humax. I cannot say I am impressed with the apps on any of the three devices. Our most reliable streamer is the AppleTV, but it doesn't have iView.

Our Humax does well as a PVR. We are happy with its performance. The whole family knows how to use it.

swamprat96

Open the portal on the humax. The message comes up there.  As to the pvr  capabilities it's fine but it's the media playback that's poor

swamprat96

and on facebook
[ABC iView service will be retiring from HUMAX]
Dear everyone,
Despite our love for ABC iView for last 4 years, we have to share this sad news that ABC have decided to stop its service on some Set Top Box and it includes HUMAX.
iView service will no longer be available on HUMAX products from 1st July through HUMAX TV Portal.
We will be launching another catch up service shortly to replace ABC iView's space.
Affected models are HDR-7500T, HDR-7510T, HDR-1003S, HMS-1000T.
Please note:
HMS-1000T customers can continue using iView through HbbTV application.

carlprowse

Thanks Swamprat,

That demonstrates how often I open the portal.

And I am not a fan of Facebook, so I am totally out of touch.

bdm0

Dave/IceTV

Losing Iview support for the Humax is not good news - this is one of the reasons why we purchased the box.

Any chance of the HDR-7500T being upgraded to support the new Iview format?

Regards

Brian

Leon K

Hey Brian,

Yeah it's a pity about that, you'd have to ask Humax about that one:

Humax Australia Customer Support contact details:
Phone:  1300 737 937  or  03 9873 2233
E-mail:  ausupport@humaxdigital.com

They said in their press release that they will be launching another catchup service to replace it iView, so hopefully that comes out soon!

The Skippa has built in HbbTV with all the catchup channels...