Odd failure emails?

Started by markb, June 16, 2015, 06:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markb

My PVR has been recording shows fine, at least since the website issues were fixed. However today I have received two odd failure emails:

Channel: NITV
Time: 2015-06-21 04:00:00
Duration: 60
Device Label: pvr
Device Type: Topfield TF7100HDplus
Message from recorder: TASK_MSG_INVALID_SERVICE
Last Updated: 2015-06-16 12:34:03

and later:

Show Name: National Nine News
Channel: Nine Digital
Time: 2015-06-21 18:00:00
Duration: 60
Device Label: pvr
Device Type:  Topfield TF7100HDplus
Message from recorder: TASK_MSG_INVALID_SERVICE
Last Updated: 2015-06-16 18:03:17

The first one doesn't even have a "Show Name"? When I click on it I don't recognize the program in the guide.

Why are these timers being set so many days ahead? What does INVALID SERVICE mean? I've never seen this before. Are these bugs in the new website?

Dave at IceTV

The email alerts warn you that one of your recorder failed to schedule one or more of shows. It is not a warning that a show actually failed to record. Though they will fail to record if you don't resolve the cause of the error and reschedule the show(s).

IceTV always schedules series recordings 5 days ahead therefore if the recorder fails to set a schedule you will get the error 5 days before the show is due to record (with plenty of time to resolve the problem).

Some PVRs often use the Invalid Service error when they don't have a more suitable error message to use. This error can often mean the guide was blank for that timeslot or the show did not match. This can happen on PVRs that do not correctly update the guide when shows change (even by just 5 minutes).

It looks like the guide on your PVR may not have had those shows in it when they were trying to be scheduled. They were both a full 120 hours ahead when they failed to be set by the PVR.

Strangely, that NITV error with no show name appears to be Volumz but it is at midnight and not 4:00am.

I have rescheduled the 2 shows had an error in you're My Week, so they should hopefully get set okay now.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Flyeroz

I received same type of email tonight as well:

Show Name:   60 Minutes
Channel:   NBN
Time:   2015-06-21 20:30:00
Duration:   60
Device Label:   Toppy
Device Type:   Topfield TRF-2400
Message from recorder:   TASK_MSG_TIMER_CONFLICT
Last Updated:   2015-06-16 22:30:45

So what exactly needs to be done to resolve this issue?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Flyeroz on June 16, 2015, 11:21:20 PM
Message from recorder:   TASK_MSG_TIMER_CONFLICT

So what exactly needs to be done to resolve this issue?
What you have there is a normal error message from your Topfield saying it could not set a schedule (called a 'Reservation' on a Topfield) for next Sunday's 60 Minutes.

Any time you get an email with the "Message from recorder" line showing "TASK_MSG_TIMER_CONFLICT" you should check if you are trying to record too many shows during the time that that show is on.

In your case, '60 Minutes' was conflicting with 'V8 Supercars' and 'Sunday Night'. And I can see that you have already cancelled one of those three shows to resolve the issue.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Flyeroz

Thanks for your help Dave.
Indeed, I did notice & cancel conflicting show - 'V8 Supercars' in this case.
What was weird when I received the email I checked the reservations on my Topfield & there was no conflict.
I could see the conflicting shows on IceTv page, but it took some time to show on my machine.
Is this delay a normal situation for Topfield?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Flyeroz on June 18, 2015, 04:24:21 AM
Thanks for your help Dave.
Indeed, I did notice & cancel conflicting show - 'V8 Supercars' in this case.
What was weird when I received the email I checked the reservations on my Topfield & there was no conflict.
I could see the conflicting shows on IceTv page, but it took some time to show on my machine.
Is this delay a normal situation for Topfield?

The guide may have changed slightly and one of those shows' start times or duration may have changed by 5 minutes, creating a conflict that wasn't there before. Or sometimes Topfields do not update existing reservations correctly, so the schedule could have been conflicting with itself when the error email was sent.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service