Opera TV Store Apps

Started by Mantorok, May 29, 2015, 01:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mantorok

Does anyone know where I can get a list of the apps that are currently available on the Opera TV Store?

There's not much information on their own website:  http://www.operasoftware.com/products/tv-store.

Dave at IceTV mentioned "100s of apps (mostly free) including Plex, games and Internet TV channels and radio channels etc. etc."

Having Plex is great for me as I have a NAS running a Plex Server, but I'd really like to know what other apps are there.

IanL-S

I had the same problem in trying to find out what Apps are supported. It appears that some devices have restricted lists of what Apps are available.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

nis200sx

Quote from: IanL-S on May 29, 2015, 01:56:11 PM
I had the same problem in trying to find out what Apps are supported. It appears that some devices have restricted lists of what Apps are available.

Ian

Correct, not all devices have all of the apps available. I believe skippa will only have the best apps and not include most of the less popular or less useful apps.

The Opera TV Store website has an emulator available though the emulator only appears to be able to access foreign language apps.

You can install and run the emulator on a computer to imitate a (foreign?) TV, STB or PVR running Opera TV Store. This allows you to browse through and play with the 470 foreign language apps that Opera TV Store has available to the emulator.

Opera TV Store website emulator
http://www.operasoftware.com/products/tv-emulator

The emulator is a standalone file (after you unzip it) but you will need VirtualBox installed to run the emulator.
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

I started making a list of all of the apps the Opera TV Store emulator has but I gave up after 98 apps once I realised hardly any of them were English (even though some titles made the apps appear to be English). In the emulator there are about another 470 apps apart from those listed below (about 570 total apps available in the emulator).

EDIT: After shutting down the emulator and later opening it again it started showing me some English apps (though none are listed below).

iLIKE.TV
FPTPlay
DanceTrippin.tv
Viewster
swatch Freeried World Tour
Xb
The North Face
Outside Television
Feedback Kitchen
IFK Goteborg Play
Pitbull
NFB
GastroLab.TV
Lam dep Eva
Vimeo
20minutos
ArrivalTV
Skuff TV Action Sport
Gismeteo
FoodyTV
Redux
Opera Ads Showcase
Adaptive Streaming
CNBC Real-Time
DriveCast
Volume TV
DTS Entertainment
Sony Movie Showtime
Inside The Americas
The World Today with Tario Ali
Dailymotion UK News
Auto Video Review
Imaginary Lines
The Cocktail Spirit
AOL On
Diagonal View
Vegas Sports Advisors
Cultura Latina
Tips for life
Brittany Furlan
Tikclone
TG4
Celebrity Wire Entertainment
Media Review
La Mega Mundial
Fame Comedy
Uzoo
Fame Food
Dailymotion News
Raw Country
AllTime10s
MUZU
Portico Free TV
Blastro
Aupeo
Laura Flanders Show
Splash Entertainment
Absolute Radio
Action24
Astrology - Daily Horoscopes
aANG Showbiz
Baseball Drills and Tips
Basketball Drills and Tips
Tennis Drills and Tips
Hockey Drills and Tips
Viddsee
Smooth Radio
Stop Over
The Mahogany Session
The Show
TheNewContent
ThePapiGfunk
Peregrine Dame
Rooftop Comedy
Rototom Sunsplash
Roxwel
RTV Bor
PRO Production
Ruptly.TV in English
Radio Sentidos
Reboot Entertainment
Weird News Wire
XFM
Whiskey.com
Who Got Next
Ininterview
Unhinged Gamer
Havoc Television
Green.TV
Howdini
iG Comida
iG Delas
iG Gente
Footballtricksonline
Forte Jazz player
Forte Chillout
FY! Magazine
GFQ Network
Dave

Carljh

Does anyone know if there is a Hola app or similar in the Opera Store to allow viewing of restricted content such as Hulu or CBS?

Dave at IceTV

I haven't seen a Hola app and I doubt there would be one. The Opera TV Store Apps are stand alone applications that run 1 at a time, but Hola seems to be a peer to peer VPN browser plugin that needs to run in the background all the time.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

An email sent out by IceTV on 11-09-15 has the following section:
"SKIPPA® NOW INCLUDES THE OPERA TV STORE"

So it seems Opera TV store is back - some time back it was deleted from the Skippa specifications. No indication of what Apps are supported.

If all goes to plan we will be able to find out next week some time.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on September 12, 2015, 05:20:48 PM
An email sent out by IceTV on 11-09-15 has the following section"
SKIPPA® NOW INCLUDES THE OPERA TV STORE

So it seems Opera TV store is back - some time back it was deleted from the Skippa specifications. No indication of what Apps are supported.

If all goes to plan we will be able to find out next week some time.

Ian

I know a lot of people have been asking about a Plex app. A beta version of the Plex app is currently available for those with a Plex Pass account.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

SkippaLounge

From the latest email