Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPP

We should be covered by PayPal I would think. Anyone checked that out yet?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Tyrus

Well, that answers that.   

Given the length of time this debacle has run, its highly likely that Heinz knowingly continued to trade whilst insolvent, and if so, I hope they come after him hard.

I do feel sorry for the employees as chances are they were also kept in the dark and fed the same lies, right up to the point they lost their jobs!

I just wonder if that second shipment is in fact still sitting in a warehouse somewhere, still under the ownership of the manufacturer and just waiting on a final payment for release.... and desperate now to find any buyer ...  hmmmm

warkus

What good are they even if they are waiting for buyers...

They only work on ICE EPG, and if the company goes, im presuming so will the EPG service they traditionally sold.

Ergo - the skippa wont work!

jas55

few months back i can renumber reading on the ice TV forums that if ice TV goes bankrupt the company would release an update for the skippa to work with FTA

warkus

Don't like your chances...

There has to be staff left at the company first to make such a firmware available...I prey they don't all loose their jobs.

Hopefully they all keep them and the guide keeps going, fingers crossed, because skippas aside (which is bad enough) loosing the ICE EPG will be a mammoth blow for many tens of thousands of people that use it on other devices like Beyonwiz and Topfield etc.

rfpearce@hotmail.com

So looks like we have done our money but like others have said I hope there arn't to many people that are going to lose there jobs.

Have opened a dispute with Paypal so see what happens there.

Can someone tell me then what is the best PVR to be looking at ? something I can buy off the shelve this time I think :)

bodogbodog

Quote from: warkus on October 07, 2015, 07:02:37 PM
Hopefully they all keep them and the guide keeps going, fingers crossed, because skippas aside (which is bad enough) loosing the ICE EPG will be a mammoth blow for many tens of thousands of people that use it on other devices like Beyonwiz and Topfield etc.
Nothing good about this news
But I think we need to let the dust settle...
Clearly the whole Skippa debacle cost them a lot of money...
I guess I now have a 1TB HDD that I can reuse (once I figure out how to get it out of the Skippa  :-[ )
I too hope the IceTV guide does continue on so I can reliably record FTA TV
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

warkus

Despite it being less user friendly unfortunately I'd have to say now that it looks like the Beyonwiz t4 is the only "real" choice for a PVR with 3 or more tuners.

The Skippa was to me a product that could have had a massive potential, of being a user friendly PVR that was just plug in and away you go, really simply to setup, not many options - it just worked out of the box...something I could recommend to non technical people.

But no...not to be.

SkippaLounge

Fucking shambles, was actually hoping to be pleasantly surprised this week with a skippa in the mail
Despite its initial flaws I bought into the idea and could see the potential
Now that I've spent $400+ on a non existent Pvr (at least the ones who have a skippa a can repurpose the hdd or hope the altech software might work in it) I doubt the Mrs will let me splurge on another one for a while.
Well I still have the trusty TiVo ,see what happens next

emmsee

Check out the new thread on IceTV in Voluntary Administration for info on PayPal buyer protection and possible delivery of Skippa's.

peteru

Quote from: warkus on October 07, 2015, 07:39:09 PM
it looks like the Beyonwiz t4 is the only "real" choice for a PVR with 3 or more tuners.
Actually, the Beyonwiz T2 is a much cheaper choice and it ships with an extra USB tuner, which makes it a 3 tuner PVR.

You could actually convert your Skippa boat anchor into $50 credit towards a new Beyonwiz T2, given their current trade-in offer!

IanL-S

Quote from: peteru on October 08, 2015, 12:05:50 AM
Quote from: warkus on October 07, 2015, 07:39:09 PM
it looks like the Beyonwiz t4 is the only "real" choice for a PVR with 3 or more tuners.
Actually, the Beyonwiz T2 is a much cheaper choice and it ships with an extra USB tuner, which makes it a 3 tuner PVR.

You could actually convert your Skippa boat anchor into $50 credit towards a new Beyonwiz T2, given their current trade-in offer!

I had not seen the trade in offer. I wonder if Telstra T-Box counts?

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

Quote from: IanL-S on October 08, 2015, 10:45:56 AM
Quote from: peteru on October 08, 2015, 12:05:50 AM

I had not seen the trade in offer. I wonder if Telstra T-Box counts?

https://beyonwiz.com.au/product-category/trade-in-deal/

"All brands all models."

But... "The offer only valid toward brand new T2/T4 purchase only." T3 doesn't seem to be an option with this deal.

It also says "Hurry limited time," but doesn't say how limited.

They require you to ship the trade-in PVR with its HDD, so you can't pull the trade-in's HDD and buy a barebones T2 or T4 and drop the trade-in's HDD into the barebones Beyonwiz.

If you decide to replace a SKIPPA with a T2 (both use 2.5" HDDs), the SKIPPA is probably worth more for its HDD alone than it is as a trade-in in this deal.

If you already have a SKIPPA, it may be worth waiting to see whether the IceTV EPG/series recording service has a future, rather than spending more to replace something that is working now and which might survive the insolvency process.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing